found an interesting puzzle
08-30-2016, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2016 02:36 PM by Don Shepherd.)
found an interesting puzzle
I was shopping at my local Barnes & Noble bookstore yesterday and came across an interesting puzzle called All Queens Chess from ThinkFun. It consists of a 5x5 board, 6 black queens, and 6 red queens. The queens move like normal chess queens, but they cannot be captured. The goal is to get 4 of your queens in a row, either horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.

I am not a chess player; checkers was always challenging enough for me. But this game is neat because you don't have to worry about all the rules for knights, rooks, kings, etc., like chess. The goal is simple, and the moves are simple.

Of course, being a programmer, I now must write a simulator for a human player against the computer. I think I may do it on my TI-84 Plus CE using color graphics for the board and pieces.

I now notice that this puzzle is available on Amazon for several dollars less than I paid at the bookstore. Oh well, support your local store.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2016, 08:08 PM
RE: found an interesting puzzle
(08-30-2016 02:33 PM)Don Shepherd Wrote:  I now notice that this puzzle is available on Amazon for several dollars less than I paid at the bookstore. Oh well, support your local store.

I agree! If we don't, they too will be gone soon...

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)