Free42 sometimes crashing on startup on iPhone
09-05-2016, 03:13 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2016 01:00 PM by Thomas Okken.)
Free42 sometimes crashing on startup on iPhone
UPDATE: I just discovered that the bug in question was introduced after the most recent release of Free42 for iOS (1.5.6), so this crash occurred only on my iPhone and never got out into the wild. I've fixed the bug so the next release will not have it.

Quote:I am about to get started on an overhaul of the UI code in Free42 for iOS, to make it finally support bigger screens properly, and to support landscape mode.

While I'm at it, I also want to investigate the issue of Free42 for iOS sometimes crashing when it starts.

These crashes are something I started noticing in May this year, shortly after iOS 9.3.2 was introduced, and they have kept on happening with subsequent iOS updates. From looking at crash logs, something is going wrong when the OS tries to notify the app of battery status changes.

Has anyone else experienced these crashes? The app invariably does launch on the second attempt, so you may not have given it much thought, but I am curious whether this is common, and if so, whether this affects any devices in particular.

If you would like to report such a crash, please email me (thomasokken@gmail.com). If possible, also attach any Free42 crash logs you may have. (After syncing with iTunes, crash logs are in %appdata%\Roaming\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter\Mobile Device\<YourDeviceName> in Windows and ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<YourDeviceName> in OS X.)

Thanks!

Thomas
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)