HP Prime Virtual Calculator Latest version
09-25-2015, 08:31 PM
HP Prime Virtual Calculator Latest version
Hello,

What is the latest version of the Virtual Calculator?

Where to download?

Cheers,

Jan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2015, 08:36 PM
RE: HP Prime Virtual Calculator Latest version
Hi,
The last version is 8151, and can be downloaded here : http://ftp.ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/

primer
09-26-2015, 06:22 AM
Hi,

Is this the right address?
If I tried it the server could not find it!
09-26-2015, 06:24 AM
This forum's software mangles FTP links. Delete the initial "http://", replace the first "ftp." by "ftp://".
09-26-2015, 06:41 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2015 06:42 AM by Didier Lachieze.)
Or use this link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/
09-30-2015, 06:59 AM
Hello all,

I am trying to download the Virtual calculator from this link, but all I see is an empty directory.

Why?
09-30-2015, 11:17 AM
The problem is not related to the ftp server, from home it works fine, from the school where I teach it does not work, so it depends somehow on the school network.

Reto

(09-30-2015 06:59 AM)retoa Wrote:  Hello all,

I am trying to download the Virtual calculator from this link, but all I see is an empty directory.

Why?
09-30-2015, 01:59 PM
We're looking to address the FTP blocking issue, but it may take a while unfortunately due to ongoing HP split operations.

You can either download it to a usb/cd (provided that is not blocked on the school system as well), or you'll have to get the school IT person to do the install.

Note that both the emulator and connectivity kit will run just fine out of a folder with no install. You can install them on your home machine, drag the folder over to a usb drive, and then just run directly from that drive as another option.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
10-02-2015, 08:30 AM
Thank you very much for the hint !

I have administrative privileges on the school PC's, so I can install, but the solution with the folder copy is much better. Also the students could copy the folder on a USB stick, so they will have the same datas at school and at home.

I have another quastion for you about the connectivity kit.
I installed it at home and it works fine, at school it worked fine last june, now it does not recognise the calculator anymore. I changed port, calculator and cable but the problem remains. The calculator does not appear in the list.

-tried all sequenses, connect first, start CK first, turn calculator off/on, ...
-same behaviour on all the school PC's I tried so long.
-all Windows 7
-on some PC'c new windows patches were installed in the summer on other not, they all behave the same
-I tried as user and as administrator, no difference
-no errors in PC device controls
-I tried with a new calculator and the included CD to be sure the versions are compatible, it does not work

Do you have an idea where the problem could be?

Thank you for the help

Reto
10-02-2015, 08:40 AM
Do you use both the latest version of the CK, and the latest version of the calculator firmware ?
10-02-2015, 09:06 AM
(10-02-2015 08:40 AM)debrouxl Wrote:  Do you use both the latest version of the CK, and the latest version of the calculator firmware ?

I tried many options, but to be sure I also tried with the versions that come in the new package, the ones you should use to update firmware and CK.
10-02-2015, 01:39 PM
School IT admin done anything to restrict USB connections? Specifically, HID protocol (keyboards and mice) is the one of interest.

TW

09-09-2016, 06:46 PM
(10-02-2015 01:39 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  School IT admin done anything to restrict USB connections? Specifically, HID protocol (keyboards and mice) is the one of interest.

Hi Tim, is there any chance you can check the file for the 082916 virtual calculator installer that is posted on the ftp site and/or wherever the self-update from within the virtual calculator is pointing? Update from within emulator fails consistently and when I try to download directly from ftp it fails right at the end of file transfer (just as it's ending the transfer at 111MB). I've tried several times each way and consistent failures. Thank you!
09-09-2016, 07:53 PM
Hello,

You'll need to use the http link to download. Check the anoucement post (http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-6803.html) which has the direct links. Those should work for you.

TW

09-16-2016, 03:08 PM
(09-09-2016 07:53 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Hello,

You'll need to use the http link to download. Check the anoucement post (http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-6803.html) which has the direct links. Those should work for you.

Thanks sir!!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)