Poll: Would you print from the CK if it had the ability?
Yes
No
Who uses paper anymore?
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Still no printing from CK
09-13-2016, 05:21 PM
Still no printing from CK
I'm disappointed to see that the CK still can't print source code. It seems like a simple thing to add to me (and I'm as simple as anyone) I know I can copy and paste into Notepad or some other program but that's unnecessary steps that shouldn't be needed.

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2016, 08:22 AM
RE: Still no printing from CK
Hi Tom,
Yes, would be nice to have printed doc from CK. But only in the case when the CK would have much better IDE.
Currently, Notepad++ with installed add "Notepad++ HP Prime Programming Language Support" does super excellent job!
See: http://www.hpcalc.org/details/7564 for more details. A comfortable program writing, reading and printing.

Regards,
Pavel
09-14-2016, 09:35 AM
Pavel,

Can files be directly transferred between Notepad ++ and the physical prime? Or do you copy/paste between Notepad ++ and the CK, beforehand?

-Dale-
09-14-2016, 05:05 PM
Hello Dale,
No, a direct transfer between Notepad++ and Connectivity Kit is not possible. Copy and Paste have to be used. But in can be done in few sec. On the other hand, Notepad++ with the add gives you very user friendly IDE (color resolution, autocomplete function, on-line help, settable zoom, adjustable printing...etc).
Pavel
09-16-2016, 01:10 AM
(09-14-2016 05:05 PM)Pavel OK1DNZ Wrote:  Hello Dale,
No, a direct transfer between Notepad++ and Connectivity Kit is not possible. Copy and Paste have to be used. But in can be done in few sec. On the other hand, Notepad++ with the add gives you very user friendly IDE (color resolution, autocomplete function, on-line help, settable zoom, adjustable printing...etc).
Pavel

Looks Great on Notepad++, also prints correctly. Next if you want to Save the file which file type would you use?
09-16-2016, 02:52 AM
Printing to PDF maybe?

Spybot.
09-16-2016, 10:34 AM
(09-16-2016 01:10 AM)BERNARD MICHAUD Wrote:  
(09-14-2016 05:05 PM)Pavel OK1DNZ Wrote:  Hello Dale,
Pavel

Looks Great on Notepad++, also prints correctly. Next if you want to Save the file which file type would you use?

I like the idea, but using two programs to accomplish one task doesn't inspire a lot of enthusiasm for this objective. I have had Notepad ++, configured with the added hp language, since I first learned of the added support. But I don't ever use it. The CK isn't great, but it is so much more convenient. If Notepad ++ (or some other IDE like Eclipse?), could be custom configured for hp prime, include a USB transfer mode, and save the following data sets, it would be very useful.

.hpappdir
.hpexammode
.hpprgm
.hplist
.hpmat
.hpSettings

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)