Dark theme contrast
10-03-2016, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2016 12:02 AM by ebswift.)
Dark theme contrast
I find working in sheets in the dark theme it becomes really hard to work out what cell is highlighted. I know there are emulator skin tools, but the same problem is in the physical calc that we can't mod. It would be a useful change to make the level of contrast between the two themes equal, I like the dark theme, I just can't use it.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3989]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3990]

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2016, 05:18 AM
RE: Dark theme contrast
Hello,

Thanks for the heads up. We will add this to "THE LIST".

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
10-03-2016, 01:55 PM
Note that certain of the color variants will definitely be more visible then others. Have you tried all 6?

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
10-03-2016, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2016 09:38 PM by ebswift.)
I did try them Tim, I can see what was done here with the contrast, in most places it is clearly visible. One problem is that the spreadsheet app has the contrast colour darkened down. These images are with the same contrast selection, just on different screens:

Okay contrast:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3993]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3994]

Not so good contrast:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3991]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3992]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-03-2016, 10:04 PM
That's what's going on. I suspect the spreadsheet is doing some transparency not done elsewhere. Thanks for the analysis!

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
10-04-2016, 05:17 AM
Hello,

That is correct, the spreadsheet uses transparencies...
One reason is that in the spreadsheet, you can choose a custom background color for each cell, and these need to show up when selected...

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)