HP 35s dead
02-18-2014, 10:47 AM
HP 35s dead
My collegue's HP 35s stopped to work. We changed batteries and reset it but no luck. Nothing in the display.
Are there any ways to repair a HP 35s? Any known issues to look for?
He bought a new one so no problem to take the old apart.

/Andreas
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2014, 12:11 PM
RE: HP 35s dead
I'm sure it would be easy to open the calc and look for broken connections, the most likely cause. The main screws are hidden behind rubber plugs in the battery compartment, and probably the big rubber foot.
02-18-2014, 12:54 PM
(02-18-2014 10:47 AM)Graan Wrote:  We changed batteries and reset it but no luck.

Did you use real fresh new ones? I ask because I replaced the batteries of my HP-35s recently and it wouldn't work either. I had bought these batteries in a pack of 20 about five years ago and they work fine with every other device, but not in the 35s. Only when I inserted two new batteries fresh from the shop it came back to life.
02-18-2014, 03:00 PM
(02-18-2014 10:47 AM)Graan Wrote:  My collegue's HP 35s stopped to work. We changed batteries and reset it but no luck. Nothing in the display.
Are there any ways to repair a HP 35s? Any known issues to look for?
He bought a new one so no problem to take the old apart.

/Andreas

Mine has frozen to death a few weeks after guarantee was gone. Never found a solution to recover the machine. Since many years it is just a nice piece in my showcase.
02-19-2014, 08:57 AM
Sems to have been some battery issue after all. Took it apart and inspected, pressed on the display(might be bad connection). New batteries and it worked. Lets see if it will continue to work. But we tested it before w batteries ( working on a new HP 35s calculator) and it did not start.
02-19-2014, 09:13 AM
(02-19-2014 08:57 AM)Graan Wrote:  Sems to have been some battery issue after all. Took it apart and inspected, pressed on the display(might be bad connection). New batteries and it worked. Lets see if it will continue to work. But we tested it before w batteries ( working on a new HP 35s calculator) and it did not start.

Seems to be another story for the "Journal of Non-reproducible Affairs" Wink
02-19-2014, 10:30 AM
My colleague asked how I fixed it and I told him: Was very complicated... ;-)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)