UPDATE: DM32 v2.08 Announced
03-18-2024, 03:52 PM
UPDATE: DM32 v2.08 Announced
A new version, v2.08, of f/w for the DM32 has been announced and is available, along with an updated User Manual; an updated on-board help file will also be available shortly.

https://forum.swissmicros.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3942

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2024, 03:30 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2024 03:30 AM by Namir.)
RE: UPDATE: DM32 v2.08 Announced
Thanks for the info. I was just womdering over the weekend if SM had updates for the DM32.

Namir
03-20-2024, 01:27 AM
(03-19-2024 03:30 AM)Namir Wrote:  Thanks for the info. I was just womdering over the weekend if SM had updates for the DM32.

Namir

LOL. I'm ready to test the expanded capabilities of the GTO command.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-20-2024, 02:10 AM
Did anyone else get an email from Michael on March 8 about needing to replace a resistor on “Early DM32’s” in order to be compatible with the firmware upgrade? (Apparently, the calculator doesn’t switch back quickly enough from 160 MHz to 48 MHz when the USB is unplugged, which might cause a CPU reset.)

“Early” turns out to be before December 2023, which seems like it would be practically all of the existing units.

Apparently, changing R4 from a 100k to a 22k resistor is straightforward (Michael is willing to ship the resistor along with more extreme options).

I’m just surprised to not see any discussion here, or on the SwissMicros forums, at least as far as I have been able to tell.
03-20-2024, 10:23 AM
I have got the email. And i also ordered and recieved the resistor. I have not installed it yet. I updated the firmware and experienced one reset so far where i had to set the time and date again after i diconnected the usb cable. The FAT drive was not affected by the reset. Everything else runs normal as far as i can see.
03-20-2024, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2024 02:27 PM by ctrclckws.)
(03-20-2024 02:10 AM)DMaier Wrote:  Did anyone else get an email from Michael on March 8 ...

Yes, I received said e-mail, and decided to just have the resistor sent to me.

I mostly operate on battery anyway. So may not matter.

I chose to not be without the calculator for an unknown period.
03-20-2024, 12:22 PM
(03-20-2024 02:10 AM)DMaier Wrote:  Did anyone else get an email from Michael on March 8 about needing to replace a resistor on “Early DM32’s” in order to be compatible with the firmware upgrade? (Apparently, the calculator doesn’t switch back quickly enough from 160 MHz to 48 MHz when the USB is unplugged, which might cause a CPU reset.)

“Early” turns out to be before December 2023, which seems like it would be practically all of the existing units.

Apparently, changing R4 from a 100k to a 22k resistor is straightforward (Michael is willing to ship the resistor along with more extreme options).

I’m just surprised to not see any discussion here, or on the SwissMicros forums, at least as far as I have been able to tell.

I too have been quite surprised to see almost no discussion at all of this either here or on the SM Forum, which tells me people are satisfied with the options Michael has offered; people can choose which it best for them based on their skills, patience, usage and convenience.

In the interim, once you install the new f/w, all you need to do to avoid the issue (which actually is rare anyhow) is to be sure to turn the DM32 off before removing the USB cable.

Remote function calling (from other state files) is a game changer and completely eliminates the limited label restrictions on 32Sii programming, but IMHO also allowing it from Calc Mode essentially expands the real-time use set of functions, just like how the 41C did the same.

Enjoy the new features!

--Bob Prosperi
03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
(03-20-2024 12:22 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(03-20-2024 02:10 AM)DMaier Wrote:  Did anyone else get an email from Michael on March 8 about needing to replace a resistor on “Early DM32’s” in order to be compatible with the firmware upgrade? (Apparently, the calculator doesn’t switch back quickly enough from 160 MHz to 48 MHz when the USB is unplugged, which might cause a CPU reset.)

I too have been quite surprised to see almost no discussion at all of this either here or on the SM Forum, which tells me people are satisfied with the options Michael has offered; people can choose which it best for them based on their skills, patience, usage and convenience.

In the interim, once you install the new f/w, all you need to do to avoid the issue (which actually is rare anyhow) is to be sure to turn the DM32 off before removing the USB cable.

Remote function calling (from other state files) is a game changer and completely eliminates the limited label restrictions on 32Sii programming, but IMHO also allowing it from Calc Mode essentially expands the real-time use set of functions, just like how the 41C did the same.

Enjoy the new features!

I haven't received an email and my unit was shipped May 2023. Looking inside R4 is labelled "01C" so 10KΩ (not 100k as stated earlier).

Maybe the emails are being sent out on a rolling basis?
03-20-2024, 02:20 PM
(03-20-2024 10:49 AM)ctrclckws Wrote:  
(03-20-2024 02:10 AM)DMaier Wrote:  Did anyone else get an email from Michael on March 8 ...

Yes, I received said e-mail, and decided to just the resistor sent to me.

I mostly operate on battery anyway. So may not matter.

I chose to not be without the calculator for an unknown period.

I went with the same option. I originally was going to send the calculator back, but living in the United States, it could mean months before I received it back. I went with the resistor option.

I had no problems with the transferring of v2.08.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)