Integrating a DRAWMENU into an INPUT form. HELP!
11-15-2016, 07:18 AM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2016 06:22 PM by Spybot.)
Integrating a DRAWMENU into an INPUT form. HELP!
Hello!

Guys, is there a way to integrate some buttons (generated by DRAWMENU command) into the INPUT form? I mean like a HELP button, then associate an action to it.

I already got the buttons with mouse properties, I just can't integrate them together with the INPUT command form. Is it possible or am I just dreaming?

Thank You!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Spybot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: Integrating a DRAWMENU into an INPUT form. HELP!
(11-15-2016 07:18 AM)Spybot Wrote:  Hello!

Guys, is there a way to integrate some buttons (generated by DRAWMENU command) into the INPUT form? I mean like a HELP button, then associate an action to it.

I already got the buttons with mouse propierties, I just can't integarte them together with the INPUT command form. Is it possible or am I just dreaming?

Thank You!

It is currently not possible using the built-in INPUT command.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
11-15-2016, 06:27 PM
Thank you Han! I Guess the only choice here is to generate my own INPUT form using the graphical commands available.

Spybot.
11-16-2016, 06:10 AM
Bonjour

Si le but est d'afficher un commentaire d'aide pour les entrées
cela est prévu dans la commande INPUT.

Hello

If the purpose is to display a help comment for entries
This is provided in the INPUT control.

Sorry for my english
11-16-2016, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2016 10:04 AM by StephenG1CMZ.)
(11-16-2016 06:10 AM)Tyann Wrote:  Bonjour

Si le but est d'afficher un commentaire d'aide pour les entrées
cela est prévu dans la commande INPUT.

Hello

If the purpose is to display a help comment for entries
This is provided in the INPUT control.

The HELP referred to in the INPUT syntax consists of one line of text - and is always shown.
Whilst that can be sufficient, being able to tap Help and see a page-full of text (perhaps diagrams too), when you need it, would seem much more responsive to the user.

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-16-2016, 12:35 PM
The INPUT() help parameter is useful as a hint for the input variable requirements. I think the current approach works well. If a program developer wants to provide even more detail, additional information could be given as a result of the user's response to the INPUT() variable itself:

// fragment (input subroutine, for example)
INPUT(X);
IF X==0 THEN You_Can_Provide("All kinds of additional info"); // Help hint: "0 for more info, +int for good, -int for evil," etc.
END;
// ... or some variant of this idea
11-18-2016, 12:47 AM
Hi Guys!

I'm aware of the help parameter included in the INPUT command. It is just not enough for the kind of help(Graphical help) I want to display. I need to add a softmenu button, which will be there all the time, even if I don't enter any data.
I'm planning to create my own INPUT form, then I can add as many buttons I want.

Spybot.
11-18-2016, 11:47 AM
But at what cost? For the sake of discussion, if you have the "bound to's," you can do most anything. In terms of ppl efficiency, and practical implementation, to me it seems like adding a menu driven help parameter would just result in way more command bloat than return value, for the purposes of the ppl INPUT() construct.

An external input form could be a useful as an exercise in programming skill, but I sure would be surprised if the product has much utility value, afterwards. Do you have greater expectations for the input form than just this one-time objective? (I have made quite a few ppl programs, many using grob techniques, but I haven't encountered "lack of" a more robust help parameter as a bottleneck).

Given the mission purpose of the hp prime, ppl is about where it should be. If the product itself was designed for engineering/professional users, the entire programming language needs to be reviewed.

-Dale-

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)