PDF of HP 25 Library programs from PPC Journal
05-21-2018, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2018 02:28 PM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
RE: PDF of HP 25 Library programs from PPC Journal
(05-21-2018 01:31 PM)KD8TZC Wrote:  I never did get an 11C, but would love to get one some day. If anyone has one at a fair price, I'd love to give it a nice home.

A fair price? Hard to tell these days... Don't pay more than 100Euros/Dollars/Pounds, it's a nice calculator, but not really worth that much money.

Especially if you want to use it and actually write programs for it you will find that the memory size is rather limited. For much less money you will find an HP-35s which is a more usable calculator in every respect. Or one of these Swiss Micros clones (with which I have no personal experience though).

And to the original topic: Luckily I never had to enter a program more than once into any calculator because my first programmable one was a Ti-59 (one of the good things about being born after 1960 :-) ). And now it's too late to start doing that. Of course I downloaded those listings and had a quick look at them (absolutely fascinating what can be done with such a small amount of memory!) but there is nothing there which I will ever need unfortunately. And even if so, I would not do it with a pocket calculator.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2018, 11:27 PM
Hi, Maximilian:

(05-21-2018 02:27 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  
(05-21-2018 01:31 PM)KD8TZC Wrote:  I never did get an 11C, but would love to get one some day.

Don't pay more than 100Euros/Dollars/Pounds, it's a nice calculator, but not really worth that much money.

I'd pay more than 100 €/$ for a minty one except for the fact that I own several already, but an HP-11C is surely worth it. There are not that many out there and every passing year there are even less.

Quote:Especially if you want to use it and actually write programs for it you will find that the memory size is rather limited.

It's not that limited but if KD8TZC wants one calc from the Voyager series (i.e.: same form factor as the HP-11C) the HP-15C is surely the one to get. Probably somewhat more expensive but an order of magnitude over the HP-11C in terms of memory and functionalities.

Quote:For much less money you will find an HP-35s which is a more usable calculator in every respect.

I was presented with one and found it very capable but its capabilities were obviously ill-conceived and grossly ill-implemented. Bug-ridden, incredibly slow equation processing (numbers in a program were treated as equations, so unbearably slow to "execute" them), abysmal vector and complex-number handling, very incomplete instruction set, etc. I gave it a very fair try but eventually became very frustrated with it and stopped using it altogether.

Also, sometimes it would freeze when running a program and I would have to completely reset it (losing all RAM contents in the process) and retype everything anew, which I did two times but never ever again.

Regards.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-22-2018, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2018 05:08 PM by KD8TZC.)
(05-21-2018 02:27 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  Especially if you want to use it and actually write programs for it you will find that the memory size is rather limited. For much less money you will find an HP-35s which is a more usable calculator in every respect. Or one of these Swiss Micros clones (with which I have no personal experience though).
I have an HP35s and it is nice, but there is just something special about the Voyager series. I have a number of them already (e.g. 12C x 2, 16C x 2, and a 15C) but not the 10C or 11C. I don't program my calcs much anymore as I have other means of doing these types of things, but having a good quality and great piece of history with you to do everyday calculations is nice to have. The landscape layout too is just a natural for me as I have used my other Voyager series calculators for most of my calculations.

I would also consider a fair price under $100 as many go for that in good working condition on the auction sites.
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)