Binomial Distribution
08-27-2019, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2019 09:18 AM by Jib.)
Binomial Distribution
WIth Regards to binomial distribution i got a bit confused with the density vs cumulative option. For those in a similar position.

Cumulative for between two values for example 1 and 2 and density for an exact value example 3.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2019, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2019 09:26 AM by pier4r.)
RE: Binomial Distribution
If you have a problem and you find a solution, it is always neat to expose it so it may help someone else.

If every time that a solution is found it would be deleted (from the web, articles, books, whatever), the collective knowledge would go backwards rather than forward.

Imagine you ask for help and someone would say "yes! I had the same problem, then I found the solution and deleted the discussion and now I don't remember anymore. So you need to help yourself!". It would be very frustrating.

Thus, may I ask you to post the problem and the solution you found?

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
08-28-2019, 01:06 PM
I agree with pier4r.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-29-2019, 09:16 AM
(08-28-2019 09:25 AM)pier4r Wrote:  If you have a problem and you find a solution, it is always neat to expose it so it may help someone else.

If every time that a solution is found it would be deleted (from the web, articles, books, whatever), the collective knowledge would go backwards rather than forward.

Imagine you ask for help and someone would say "yes! I had the same problem, then I found the solution and deleted the discussion and now I don't remember anymore. So you need to help yourself!". It would be very frustrating.

Thus, may I ask you to post the problem and the solution you found?

good point its very simple but okay.
09-02-2019, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2019 10:03 PM by lschroeder1947.)
(08-27-2019 09:41 AM)Jib Wrote:  WIth Regards to binomial distribution i got a bit confused with the density vs cumulative option. For those in a similar position.

Cumulative for between two values for example 1 and 2 and density for an exact value example 3.

[Edit 9/4/2019 - The HP Prime Youtube videos for using density, cumulative, and inverse are shown on this page. Put actual link in that I referenced below. Might want to look at this page on HP Prime videoes as well. HP Prime Videos on this page cover Other Means and Standard Deviations plus a second HP Prime Video on Approximate Binomial Distribution]

Take a look at my Finite Math HP Prime YouTube videos on this page about Bernoulli Trials (Binomial Distributions). I am going to Europe for 3 weeks, will check forum if a have a connection and some free time.

Might want to check other videos in menu flyout Finite Math > Additional Topics Probabilities pages for YouTube Videos that reference HP Prime's density, cumulative, and inverse functions.

For more information on Prime Academy | Learning center check this forum link.

I just put 81 Finite Math HP Prime Youtube videos out there. All video work for physical as well as iOS, Android, Windows, Free/Lite/Pro and PC - Mac Emulators. By the way Onenote that I used is free for all platforms as well. My YouTubes are free as well except for annoying space bar pause screen from Youtube. Space again lets Embedded Videos continue, do not use their close button. Direct links do not have annoying Youtube pause dialog window.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)