question about storage limits
02-23-2014, 05:09 PM
question about storage limits
Hi,

Is there a limit on how large a note can be? I'm also wondering if size limits exist for strings, lists, matrices, and the spreadsheet. If so, what are they?

thank you,
Jeff
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2014, 07:55 PM
RE: question about storage limits
critor's attempts to transfer HP PPL programs generated by the TI-Planet mViewer GX Creator showed that it's hard to achieve reliable file transfers larger than ~1 MB. Above that, frequent data corruption during transfer and calculator crashes - not to mention that transferring 1 MB takes dozens of seconds.
Due to those transfer-related reasons, notes are certainly subject to the same kind of "soft" limit as programs. The definite "hard" limits on size which I can think of are much higher: the Prime's NAND Flash memory is 256 MB large (a firmware upgrade is ~37 MB, the filesystem can be up to 200+ MB), and the higher-level transfer protocol uses 32-bit sizes, so a limit of 4 GB.

Additionally, several places in the Prime's OS still contain arbitrary size limits of 999 inherited from the 39gII, which has much less RAM. Other people are more knowledgeable than I am about those places Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)