HP-67: Gary Tenzer's Curve Fit / Best Function program
02-24-2014, 10:55 PM
HP-67: Gary Tenzer's Curve Fit / Best Function program
Based on this thread: http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/...ead=141284, I found the code for the HP-67 version of Gary Tenzers curve fit / best function program here: http://hhuc.us/2013/files/Speakers/07%20..._Rev_C.pdf

Could someone who has the information please send me the usage instructions. Its not working for me and I am not sure whether I entered it wrong, or whether I am misunderstanding how it should be used. Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 11:14 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2014 11:18 PM by Joe Horn.)
RE: HP-67: Gary Tenzer's Curve Fit / Best Function program
Click on these thumbnails for the full-size original pages from the PPC Journal. The corrections handwritten here were specified in a subsequent issue. I'll bet that's what was causing your troubles.

[Image: tenzer1_s.jpg] . . . [Image: tenzer2_s.jpg]

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-24-2014, 11:21 PM
(02-24-2014 11:14 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  Click on these thumbnails for the full-size original pages from the PPC Journal.

Thank you very much!
02-25-2014, 11:38 PM
(02-24-2014 11:14 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  The corrections handwritten here were specified in a subsequent issue. I'll bet that's what was causing your troubles.

It turns out that I had entered the program wrong. I had misinterpreted the ISZI instruction. I only have an HP-67 and the listing has the HP-97 keycodes. It was only when I looked at a picture of the 97 that I understood my error.

The link referenced in my original post does have all the handwritten changes incorporated.

Program works like a charm.
02-28-2014, 10:41 PM
Marcel,

I wrote a series of "best regression models" for the HP 39gII for HP Solve. These programs also work for the HP Prime. They perform best models selection among hundreds and thousands of models. I encourage you to search the HP Solve issues (look in late 2011 or early 2012 issues). YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

Namir
03-01-2014, 02:19 AM
(02-28-2014 10:41 PM)Namir Wrote:  I wrote a series of "best regression models" for the HP 39gII for HP Solve. These programs also work for the HP Prime. They perform best models selection among hundreds and thousands of models. I encourage you to search the HP Solve issues (look in late 2011 or early 2012 issues). YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

Namir,

Thanks for the reference. I took a quick look and was not disappointed! I really like the approach. Did you ever adapt any of those routines to other calculators besides the 39gII?

Marcel
03-01-2014, 10:52 AM
(02-28-2014 10:41 PM)Namir Wrote:  Marcel,

I wrote a series of "best regression models" for the HP 39gII for HP Solve. These programs also work for the HP Prime. They perform best models selection among hundreds and thousands of models. I encourage you to search the HP Solve issues (look in late 2011 or early 2012 issues). YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

Namir

I believe this is the link, very interesting

Cheers, Terje
03-01-2014, 03:03 PM
(03-01-2014 10:52 AM)Terje Vallestad Wrote:  I believe this is the link, very interesting

I was looking at This article, linked from here, originally found in this thread.
03-02-2014, 12:48 PM
Marcel,

Those are the ones! I am embarrassed to say that forgot about the copies of these articles being posted in my own web site!

Namir

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)