Reboot Problem
02-03-2017, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2017 02:04 PM by toml_12953.)
Reboot Problem
I have three HP Primes - one HW A, one HW C with old keyboard, one HW C with new keyboard. I have the 10637 firmware installed on each. Whenever I try to create a new program on any of them, the calculator reboots. After the reboot, the program stub (just the EXPORT, a BEGIN and an END) is there. When I try to delete a program, the same thing happens. The calculator reboots and when it finishes booting, the program is gone. I tried reflashing the firmware on all three calcs but no change. I really don't think it's a hardware problem since it happens exactly the same way on three different machines. If it was a software problem, other people would be reporting it, wouldn't they? I'm stumped!

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2017, 02:27 PM
RE: Reboot Problem
First, try clearing your memory. I believe this can be done using [ON] [A] [F]. If it doesn't help... read on.

If you have not already backed up the calculator, I recommend doing so. And I would recommend backing up each individual program/app/note and not the whole calculator. That is, back up the parts. Otherwise, a normal backup could possibly just be saving the problem that gets installed back onto your calculator with a restore.

Then, format the calculator. During a warmstart ([ON][Symb]), hold [A] [C] [O] to get to the flash utility (option 4). Then select format. To exit this interface, force another warmstart ([ON][Symb]).

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
02-03-2017, 03:33 PM
(02-03-2017 02:03 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  If it was a software problem, other people would be reporting it, wouldn't they? I'm stumped!

In addition to Han's advice, have you installed or backed up the same files onto each device? That might explain why.

I'd like to get your files if that is the case to see what might be happening. Best guess however is something older was corrupted.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
02-03-2017, 04:19 PM
(02-03-2017 02:27 PM)Han Wrote:  First, try clearing your memory. I believe this can be done using [ON] [A] [F]. If it doesn't help... read on.

If you have not already backed up the calculator, I recommend doing so. And I would recommend backing up each individual program/app/note and not the whole calculator. That is, back up the parts. Otherwise, a normal backup could possibly just be saving the problem that gets installed back onto your calculator with a restore.

Then, format the calculator. During a warmstart ([ON][Symb]), hold [A] [C] [O] to get to the flash utility (option 4). Then select format. To exit this interface, force another warmstart ([ON][Symb]).

It seems to be solved for now. Not only did I have to reformat the drive, I had to do a RAM test. I then restored one file at a time and tested between each restore. There was no consistent pattern but the problem would return after different files were restored. Finally, after formatting C and doing a few more RAM and reliability tests, I could have all programs loaded problem free. I guess I shook some bits loose. Smile Thanks for the quick response!

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)