HP-41 Overlay .SVG
03-29-2024, 08:53 PM
HP-41 Overlay .SVG
Does anybody have an HP-41 keyboard overlay template in something like a .svg or some other vector format that i can convert to an SVG.

I'm trying to see if I can create HP-41 templates on either my laser cutter or my wife's Brother Scan n Cut.

I have successfully cut 7.9 x 8.6 holes in .6mm plastic (a laminated business card).

I don't know if the Scan n Cut can handle anything that thick and hard. It's designed for fabric and vinyl.

The templates that I have are .2mm to .4mm thick.

The advantage to using laminated paper is that i don't have to try to print on the plastic. I can print on paper and then laminate it and then cut it out.

I also have a thermal was printer (Xerox ColorQube 8900) that might be able to print on plastic as long as the melting point of the was is lower than the melting point of the plastic.

Another thought would be to print on heavy duty paper and then cut it (with either device) and then spray it with some kind of plastic/polyurethane coating.

This is instead of trying to make a punch for the overlay at a very high cost.

Any suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks,
Mike
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2024, 08:59 PM
RE: HP-41 Overlay .SVG
The output of the HP-41C Overlay Generator is a svg file.

Best regards, Sylvain
03-29-2024, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2024 09:11 PM by BitWiz.)
RE: HP-41 Overlay .SVG
Thank you.

I tried that site last week and i was unable to get an SVG file out of it with Firefox, Chrome or Edge.

Maybe I did something wrong.

Added later: I retried the site and I was expecting some kind of prompt. Save page as will save the page as an SVG.

Sylvain, thank you once again.

Mike

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)