A couple of simple questions from a recently converted hp50g user
04-04-2017, 07:08 PM
A couple of simple questions from a recently converted hp50g user
I'm having some truble figuring out som pretty basic thing in Prime, I just bought it and I'm used to 48g and 50g so i run the Prime in RPN mode.
How do i store items on the HOME stack?
How do i store put items like a spreadsheet or a function from the apps one the HOME stack?
How do i isolate a variable in an equation? I used the "ISOL" command in my 50g

I have lots more stupid questions but i don't wanna spam the forum and hopefully I'll figure some things out by myself Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2017, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2017 02:05 PM by mark4flies.)
RE: A couple of simple questions from a recently converted hp50g user
Have you read the Quick Start guide and the User Guide?
04-10-2017, 05:47 AM
RE: A couple of simple questions from a recently converted hp50g user
Hello,

No stupid answers, and probably some of them are not spelled out directly in the UG...
Anyhow, have you started looking at the on calc help? There is a LOT of data there...

>i run the Prime in RPN mode.
Please do realize that the Prime RPN mode is somewhat limited and probably not good in the long run. One of the reason is that a lot of Prime functions are variable arguments (ie they can take a variable numbers of arguments), which does not work well with RPN (even if the function(Nb_Args) syntax allows to still use them).

>How do i store items on the HOME stack?
This one is unclear to me. What do you mean by store items in the HOME stack? Assuming that you want to place an item in the home stack, just type the item and press ENTER, this will place it there... Is that not what you want?

>How do i store put items like a spreadsheet or a function from the apps one the HOME stack?
Spreadsheet is 2 things. It is the name of an app, AND the archetype of Spreadsheet type apps. Neither are user accessible objects (as a whole, the way a HP 50g directory is), and therefore they can not be placed on the stack.
In the same way, a function (like SIN) can not be used in an isolated way. SIN will always be part of a symbolic object and have it's minimum required number of arguments. So you could place SIN(5) on the stack, but not SIN by itself (use the quote function to do so).

>How do i isolate a variable in an equation? I used the "ISOL" command in my 50g
Since this is a symbolic operation, switch to CAS view and use solve(equation, variable)

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)