Variable Name Request
04-06-2017, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2017 01:43 AM by toml_12953.)
Variable Name Request
Would it be possible to "de-couple" the lowercase letters i and e from the symbol for imaginary and natural log respectively? TI uses an italic, bold i (i e) for those symbols.

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2017, 03:05 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2017 03:16 AM by Carlos295pz.)
RE: Variable Name Request
In this calculator can be used both italics and common, is interpreted according to the case.

Although I now see that there is no bold character for "e", it only exists for "i"

Viga C | TD | FB
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2017, 05:43 AM
Hello,

althrough the Prime does have a spacial "i" for complex, it also accepts the normal lowercase i as a complex imaginary because the "special i" is not easy to type on a PC...

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
04-06-2017, 06:17 PM
The use of characters other than the vowels i, e, is very useful, since they are used as variables, the system calcs TI68K, is designed to take full advantage of both use, ease, coding.

I would like the imaginary unit to be configurable, i / j as does the classpad, also to write the imaginary unit i or the e, from the keyboard is easy, as proposed by ERIC

Complex i => AltGr-I
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-7978.html
04-06-2017, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2017 07:17 PM by Tim Wessman.)
(04-06-2017 01:42 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  Would it be possible to "de-couple" the lowercase letters i and e from the symbol for imaginary and natural log respectively? TI uses an italic, bold i (i e) for those symbols.

The problem is the CAS basically. e/i are basically commands/tokens and that is not easily changeable at all. While not impossible, it is not a priority for the CAS author. Allowing them from the HP side just makes another different behavior which is obviously not ideal.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)