Acron RPN Calculator v2.0.0 Tutorials
02-26-2017, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2017 02:24 PM by vanLudwig.)
Acron RPN Calculator v2.0.0 Tutorials
I pushed out the first public beta build of version 2.0.0 last night. I know many of the people who signed up as beta testers are on this forum, so I wanted to give you the first sneak peek at some tutorials I've been working on. I expect to write about half a dozen of these tutorials by the time we do our official release.

The first tutorial is for using the new macro feature to solve right triangles.

(Want to be an Android beta tester for Acron RPN Calculator? Join here.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2017, 03:12 AM
RE: Acron RPN Calculator v2.0.0 Tutorials
Here's the second example. Using some advanced macro techniques for the quadratic formula.
03-01-2017, 01:03 AM
Here's the third tutorial - Entering datapoints, computing statistical constants from those datapoints, and fitting regression equations to the data.

It's been brought to my attention guests on the forum cannot download these examples. They are also available here:

The Pythagorean Theorem
The Quadratic Formula
Using Statistics
03-04-2017, 09:21 PM
Fourth tutorial: Correcting mistakes using roll-n and edit mode

Correcting Mistakes
03-04-2017, 10:08 PM
Simply amazing! Can any other RPN implementation fix mistakes this easy? I don't think so.
03-11-2017, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2017 12:42 AM by vanLudwig.)
I just pushed a new beta build of 2.0.0 to Google Play.
  • I had to invalidate saved stacks from beta1 because they made a mess when shared with anyone who uses commas as decimals. This problem has now been fixed.
  • If you load a stack with items currently on your stack, you will be given the option to merge stacks instead of just overwriting
  • In macro and edit modes, there's a new toolbar button to toggle the zoom. When zoomed, the active cell will always be on screen and attempt to center. There is not an interactive drag to pan.
03-11-2017, 04:33 PM
FYI - Acron RPN uses content URIs for stack sharing. This is the way Google apps like Drive and GMail expect files to be shared.

I'm finding many file manager apps only support file URIs for sharing. Acron RPN cannot share to apps that require file URIs. File URIs have two major disadvantages that I didn't want to introduce into Acron RPN: (a) I would have to request additional permissions to use file URIs, and (b) file URIs have been discontinued in Android Nougat.

Because file URIs have been discontinued in Nougat, I expect that file managers will be supporting content URIs in the near future.
03-18-2017, 07:39 PM
Final two tutorials. Shouldn't be any surprises for anyone on this forum in the Basics of RPN tutorial. The Tips and Tricks tutorial may have a few goodies you didn't know.

The Basics of RPN
Tips and Tricks
04-27-2017, 01:47 PM
Version 2.0.0 was publicly released for iOS yesterday. It has been available for Android and Kindle Fire for a few weeks. Thank you to everyone who helped make this release possible.

For our next major release, we're focusing on providing a lot of flexibility in customizing your button layout, fonts, colors, etc. I envision being able to use it to create a tablet layout or landscape layout, as well as translating button labels to your preferred language. Users could create their own custom layouts and share them with colleagues. If there's any related features you'd like to see, now is the time to bring them to our attention.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)