HELP! Brand new Prime screen distorts when touched...
05-11-2017, 10:57 PM
HELP! Brand new Prime screen distorts when touched...
Hello everyone and thank you for looking at my post. Han I used you as a reference when I joined, awesome work with your 3D app Wink

Anyways I just bought a Prime and updated it to 10673 then noticed right away that upon touch it distorts horizontal lines with where my finger is. Total bummer as I have wanted this baby ever since being so disappointed with my Ti nspire Tongue

What do you guys think? Should I do a hard reset? Return it back to worst buy? Please let me know!

Thank you for any feedback!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2017, 01:35 AM
RE: HELP! Brand new Prime screen distorts when touched...
(05-11-2017 10:57 PM)angel_eyes Wrote:  Hello everyone and thank you for looking at my post. Han I used you as a reference when I joined, awesome work with your 3D app Wink

Anyways I just bought a Prime and updated it to 10673 then noticed right away that upon touch it distorts horizontal lines with where my finger is. Total bummer as I have wanted this baby ever since being so disappointed with my Ti nspire Tongue

What do you guys think? Should I do a hard reset? Return it back to worst buy? Please let me know!

Thank you for any feedback!!

Why not try the reset first, then if that doesn't work (I don't think it will but you never know) then return it to the store. I always try the simplest thing first then escalate to more involved attempts to try to solve a problem.

Tom L
Cui bono?
05-12-2017, 04:24 PM
(05-11-2017 10:57 PM)angel_eyes Wrote:  Anyways I just bought a Prime and updated it to 10673 then noticed right away that upon touch it distorts horizontal lines with where my finger is. Total bummer as I have wanted this baby ever since being so disappointed with my Ti nspire Tongue

That doesn't sound like any behavior I've seen before.

Could you take a video of this and post it somewhere (private youtube video link or something), or else just email me the video? We might want to get that unit back to return to factory for analysis. Thanks!

timwessman@hp.com

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
03-19-2019, 02:23 PM
Hi i think i'm experiencing something similar.
I bought my Prime late last year one of the new 2AP18AA versions on the newest firmware 2.1.14181.
The issue i have is that there seems to be a constant horizontal shimmering and some horizontal artifacts when trying to scroll on the screen.
I took some video of the issue. i have slowed the video down to quarter speed to make it easier to see, but it is quite evident to the human eye.

03-19-2019, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2019 11:22 PM by Zaphod.)
(03-19-2019 02:23 PM)coolfrost6 Wrote:  Hi i think i'm experiencing something similar.
I bought my Prime late last year one of the new 2AP18AA versions on the newest firmware 2.1.14181.
The issue i have is that there seems to be a constant horizontal shimmering and some horizontal artifacts when trying to scroll on the screen.
I took some video of the issue. i have slowed the video down to quarter speed to make it easier to see, but it is quite evident to the human eye.

Do you mean the slanted Moiré patterning in the main screen area?

(Or the flickering effect seen in the soft buttons at bottom of the screen? )
03-28-2019, 06:04 PM
My new G2 does this as well when scrolling.

This Prime is my first new HP graphing calculator since the 50g and I'm very disappointed with the screen.

1) This scrolling issue.
2) Horizontal viewing angles are terrible and vary with colour. It's initially obvious with the battery indicator then you start noticing it everywhere. Do a truth plot with overlaying red and blue regions then tilt the screen and watch the colour changes.
3) Dark mode is almost useless due to the viewing angles. Light mode is the only somewhat usable colour scheme.
08-19-2020, 12:11 PM
Update! with the newest firmware 20200121, you can adjust the refresh rate of the screen which solved the problem for me .

Press [On] + [Shift] + [+ or -] in order to increase or decrease the refresh rate. For me increasing the refresh rate solved the problem.
It is so nice not having to return the calculator

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)