Pricing Calculator for HP Prime
05-13-2017, 06:14 AM
Pricing Calculator for HP Prime
I saw some Financial Calculator included the Pricing Calculation Functions such as Cost, Selling Price, Margin and Markup. So I try to put this in HP Prime by using there formulas on the Solve App. I put two formulas 1. Cost 2. Selling Price two formulas together can not be solve at the same time have to select one at the time to find Markup and another to find Margin. Its doesn't work like a Triangle Solver App where you can input any three data to find the other results.
Any ideas on how to do this by using Solve App without using Program.

Thank You.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2017, 03:34 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2017 09:19 AM by Gamo.)
RE: Pricing Calculator for HP Prime
Just find out later that the Solve App can solve up to ten equations.

So I put two formulas with 4 variables S (Selling Price) C (Cost) A (Margin) U (Markup)

Just Check Mark any two of four variables to solve for other two variables.
05-14-2017, 01:26 PM
Here is the Pricing Formulas.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-15-2017, 06:23 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2017 06:24 AM by akmon.)
Please, can you input an example of two known variables? Just to try on my unit. I suppose Price is S, doesn´t it?
05-15-2017, 09:13 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2017 09:19 AM by Gamo.)
Here is the example:
I want to find out Cost (C) and Margin (A)
Known Variables are Selling Price (S) and Markup (U)

The Check Marks is the Variables that we want to know the answer.

Sorry for the confusion about Variable (S) and it is for Price (Selling Price) so I use (S) instead of (P)

S: Selling Price
C: Cost
A: Margin
U: Markup

I hope this would help.

Thank You. (akmon)

05-15-2017, 12:32 PM
Use 1 on C and 2 on A as initial value, instead of 0. It solves it. Use this trick when you find that te calculator cannot solve it. Initial values sometimes are very important to find the solution.
Edit: I´ve realised that sometimes using the same values it solves, others don´t, I don´t know why, for example. I insert C=1, A=2, and cannot find solution, however, I press SOLVE again and it solves!. perhaps hp team can explain the behaviour.
PS: I also recommend to solve it using Han´s app SOLVESYS, it solved it at the first attemp.
05-16-2017, 01:39 AM
The Solve App sometime can not give result and said "cannot find solution"

The problem I came across is when input numbers with decimals it always not solve the equations.

The only way around this is to input number as a Whole Number first then solve and edit each with decimals then solve will give you answer.

05-16-2017, 02:13 AM
Is your unit up to date? I suspect you may be running a bit old firmware based on what you are describing.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
05-16-2017, 06:58 AM
(05-16-2017 01:39 AM)Gamo Wrote:  The Solve App sometime can not give result and said "cannot find solution"

The problem I came across is when input numbers with decimals it always not solve the equations.

The only way around this is to input number as a Whole Number first then solve and edit each with decimals then solve will give you answer.

I can solve it, just changed initial values to higher numbers instead of 0 (A=12, U=12).

And with solvesys app, even wasn´t neccesary to change initial guesses for solving it.
05-16-2017, 10:08 AM
Without knowing either S or C that will be impossible to find A or U
Possible Known Variables must be in these combinations
S and C --> look for A and U
S and A --> look for C and U
S and U --> look for C and A

C and A --> look for S and U
C and U --> look for S and A

A and U --> Can not look for S and C
05-16-2017, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2017 08:47 AM by akmon.)
Yes, you´re right, with that combination the result are 0 for both variables, even the solvesys app also show the same result. Anyway it gives a solution: 0. I tried to manually solve it with the same solution, also Wolfram. Have you tried it?
10-05-2017, 05:42 AM
Lately I try to make this Pricing Calculation program on HP 15C since it got LBL that can assign Price Cost Margin Markup to individual label.

The HP 10 BII+ got this pricing calculator that you just input 2 of the 4 known variables such as if you know Cost and Markup then it will compute for Price and Margin.

Anyone got the idea on how to do this by programming to HP 15C using A B C D
labels just by press 2 known variables like Price (A) Cost (B) Margin (C) Markup (D)

Gamo

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)