Input and DMS
03-07-2014, 03:29 AM
Input and DMS
I'm workin on a program that uses INPUT to enter information to calculate curve data. I can't seem to inter angle date in Hour Minute Second format. I have to enter it in decimal degrees. You just entered HH.MMSS in the 48s and 50s. The prime wants the symbols entered, but that key does not work when my program runs. Any body have insight as to what I'm doing wrong?

CD Dodds
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2014, 06:13 AM
RE: Input and DMS
Hello,

I do not think that you are doing anything wrong, the key apears not to work in inputs!

Cyrille
03-08-2014, 12:13 AM
Until that gets fixed, here's an easy workaround: key the desired number of degrees, then press the template key (between Toolbox and the [x t theta n] key) and tap the °'" template. If you don't have any seconds to enter, you don't need to delete the " mark; Prime politely ignores it if no seconds are entered.

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2014, 12:57 AM
Thanks,

Sometimes when I press that key it puts an "X" behind the number instead of bringing up the templates, other times it works.

CD Dodds
03-08-2014, 10:08 AM
(03-08-2014 12:57 AM)cdodds Wrote:  Sometimes when I press that key it puts an "X" behind the number instead of bringing up the templates, other times it works.

The template key should never type an "X"... but the key next to it does. Perhaps you accidentally pressed the [x t θ n] key?

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2014, 02:35 AM
Yeah you're right. Sorry, my bad. Was a long week. Realized later that night I was pushing the wrong button. Thanks again for the help.

CD Dodds

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)