200LX: Open documents directly from Filer?
06-12-2017, 02:16 PM
200LX: Open documents directly from Filer?
I know 100BUDDY allows you to hit ENTER twice to open documents (.pdb, .gdb, .wk1, etc.) with the appropriate application directly from the Filer, but it also does a ton of other stuff, 95% of which I don't need or want. It seems to take up about 30-40 KB of RAM while loaded, too.

Anybody know of a smaller TSR that gives you just this Filer functionality without all the extras?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2017, 05:53 PM
RE: 200LX: Open documents directly from Filer?
(06-13-2017 02:58 PM)Mike (Stgt) Wrote:  Take PNS from Andreas Garzotto. Note in SUPER: "Allows multiple program launch selections based on file extensions in Filer. Also useful to enhance for example MM/LX and Post/LX. Freeware." Still available here.

PNS works nice with Craig Payne's KBuf128.SYS (avoids key buffer overflow) and KS.COM, a Key Stuffer. Both not found any more where I once discovered it. Tempi passati.

Ciao.....Mike

PS: or use X-Finder -- and you will never use the Filer again. Smile

Oh, nice. I was able to dig up ks.com and kbuf128.sys from the 2000 CD InfoBase archive I downloaded a while back. And at that point, I didn't even really need to get PNS involved, since I don't (yet) need a menu with multiple actions for each file, I just want them to open in the given app. So I put some ksx.com entries (a version made for use with FILER.INI that uses @ instead of \) into my FILER.INI, and that seems to be working well.

X-Finder looks pretty cool; I might spend a little time figuring out what kind of overhead is involved (both time needed for installation and configuration, and system RAM for running the thing).

Thanks!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)