82067A for Sting Series?
03-08-2014, 04:40 PM
82067A for Sting Series?
Hello,

While weeping for my dead 29C, today I've found 2 HP 19Cs at the local flea market and bought them.

There was one charger with the lot and it is an 82067A, an UK version charger as far as my research goes and it is rated 8V 3W.

After loosing my 29C I became paranoid about 19C/29C series. At the back of both 19Cs, it is clearly stated that the input is 5Vs, however I see that the 82067A can be used for the Sting series.

Since the charger was with the lot, I suppose it is fine to use it with these calculators, but the clear difference in the voltage ratings confused me. On the other hand, is the "charge the battery outside the calculator" warning also valid for these calculators? Has there been an external charger for this type of battery pack?

/Onur
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2014, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 04:37 PM by Katie Wasserman.)
RE: 82067A for Sting Series?
Nice find!

(03-08-2014 04:40 PM)Onur ILKORUR Wrote:  Has there been an external charger for this type of battery pack?

No, unfortunately. I wonder why HP didn't make an external charging cradle for the 10 and 19C. But it's fine to charge these battery packs inside the calculator, as long as you don't turn it on while charging. I've had 3 19C's and never had an issue with the power supply/charging circuit in any of them. Running the calculator while charging was not an issue either. However it is important to make sure your battery pack makes a good connection with he contacts on the PCB.

-katie

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2014, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 12:37 PM by Raymond Del Tondo.)
(03-08-2014 04:40 PM)Onur ILKORUR Wrote:  While weeping for my dead 29C, today I've found 2 HP 19Cs at the local flea market and bought them.
BTW Katie's avatar shows one of the decimal points of an HP-19C;-)

There was a display version used in some (not all) 19C (and maybe 10A) units where all decimal points consisted of an iconized hp logo.

-- Ray
03-09-2014, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 05:27 PM by Onur ILKORUR.)
For the last 14 - 15 years, I visit local flea markets, the second hand shops when I have the time. Finding one rare calculator every now and then is what I consider normal. Finding two the same day is rare. Lately, I was thinking that the frequency of running into a nice calculator was decreasing and considering whether visiting these places is becoming a waste of time or not, and there goes two 19Cs. I think this find will postpone my thoughts for a few months.

Yes, I've paid attention to the decimal points and it is nice to see the HP logo with a magnifying glass on both. I like the mentality that puts it there. That way of manufacturing electronics has left the consumer world I believe. With the new "cost driven", "price focused", "aimed to be consumed" products, no such exciting things can find their way to the market.

Thank you for your responses.
/Onur
03-09-2014, 07:21 PM
The picture I used for my avitar was indeed from a 19C and was made a long time ago when 1.3M pixel cameras cost a lot of money. Here's a much better one that I took today using the same technique:

[Image: hp%2019c%20dot.jpg]

-katie

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)