HP-41 Android AMC OSX module CAT1
07-08-2017, 04:02 PM
RE: HP-41 Android AMC OSX module CAT1
(07-07-2017 07:02 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Mark - you almost certainly need to update LIB4 in the CL to the newest version; there have been subtle improvements which newer ROMs from Angel use.

That did the trick! Time now for the Formula Evaluation Module...

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2017, 06:40 PM
(07-05-2017 04:28 PM)gjmcclure Wrote:  These are the latest versions I have of these modules, I tried this MOD on my Android phone with go41cx, and it seems to behave as advertised (you get the CAT 1 behavior you expect). I hope this helps.

Oh, BTW, you need to turn off the internal Library#4 and OSX if you use this module... the one in go41cx is the wrong version of Library#4, and a back version of OSX.

Thanks for this mix mod. It works perfect on my go41cx.
07-26-2017, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2017 09:02 AM by Jotne.)
(07-05-2017 04:28 PM)gjmcclure Wrote:  My MOD includes Library#4 (at ROM location 4 of course), AMC/OSX (at ROM location 7), EVAL 1E (at ROM location 8), and WARP CORE (at ROM location 9). It hard codes these locations since that is the only way I could get it to load under go41cx. It will only load by using slot 1 (which covers ROM locations 8 and 9). I have included it in the ZIP file attached

Greg

Seems to be a bug in you combo module. I do not find the XEQ+ function. But when I do a CAT 2 and list function under -WARP CORE2, I find a function named XEQ".
Since I can not type in ", I assing it to a button pressing the A key. It then works as XEQ+ when I hit the button.

Edit:
When I load the module maually its called -TTL REKALL, in your combo it's listed as -WARP CORE2.
Also som function are missing.
WARP is missing
S<>
XF#
XF$

TTL is missing
WF#
WF$

I guess the later 2 is just renaming.
But clearly its used different version.
All module should show version nummer in CAT2 Smile
07-26-2017, 05:33 PM
(07-26-2017 08:41 AM)Jotne Wrote:  Seems to be a bug in you combo module. I do not find the XEQ+ function. But when I do a CAT 2 and list function under -WARP CORE2, I find a function named XEQ".
Since I can not type in ", I assing it to a button pressing the A key. It then works as XEQ+ when I hit the button.

Edit:
When I load the module maually its called -TTL REKALL, in your combo it's listed as -WARP CORE2.
Also som function are missing.
WARP is missing
S<>
XF#
XF$

TTL is missing
WF#
WF$

I guess the later 2 is just renaming.
But clearly its used different version.
All module should show version nummer in CAT2 Smile

Jotne,

What may be confusing you is that the WARP CORE module replaces the TTL REKALL module. You don't want or need both existing at the same time. WARP CORE uses WF# and WF$ instead of the older XF# and XF$ from TTL REKALL.

When I made the combined Lib4+OS/X+Eval+Warp module I didn't have the version that changed the name from XEQ" to XEQ+. Now that Eval has grown to 8K, there is no reason to have the Warp Core module in the mix, it wouldn't fit. So for my system I created a new Lib4+OS/X+Eval8k module for GO41CX slot #1. I also created a WARP CORE + UNIT CONVERT combo module for one of the other GO41CX slots (it can use #2, #3, or #4). So I still have two open slots for the 8K modules SMATH, SNDMATRX, HP16C, and/or 41Z.

I am waiting for the latest release of the Eval module, so that I can combine/test the latest Eval on GO41CX. If that works I will post the new combined module here. Did you want my combined WARP CORE + UNIT CONVERT module as well? It is not really required, since the MODs for those fit in any slot. I hate to see a wasted HP41 ROM area on the GO41CX!

Other than my co-authored modules with Ángel (HP16C and EVAL), I don't really have much say in the displayed names in CAT 2. I agree it is nice to have version numbers show up, but that is just my preference, and not required if there is lack of room in the ROMs. I will leave that up to Ángel to react to your suggestions here.

Greg
07-27-2017, 04:29 AM
Thanks Greg for the info. Looking forward to the new update Smile
Wish I could have these modules back in the 80'

Jo
07-28-2017, 10:23 PM
(07-27-2017 04:29 AM)Jotne Wrote:  Thanks Greg for the info. Looking forward to the new update Smile
Wish I could have these modules back in the 80'

Jo

Okay, I am attaching a ZIP with three files:

1) OSX_BS4X7H_EVAL.MOD, for use in GO41CX slot #1 only, it contains LIB4, AMC OS/X, and EVAL (should be latest one just now being released by Ángel.

2) WARP_UNIT.MOD, which combines WARP CORE and UNIT CONVERSION modules (can be put in ANY slot)

3) HP-16C_GJM.MOD, which combines the HP16C and GJM modules (can be put in ANY slot). The GJM module was recreated to have ID 19 instead of 31, this allows it not to conflict with EVAL_1F which covers IDs 30 and 31.

WARP_UNIT and HP-16C_GJM are just my way of putting two 4K modules into a single 8K slot. They require LIB4.

Greg

Attached File(s)
.zip  NewGO41CXmodules.zip (Size: 64.58 KB / Downloads: 12)
07-28-2017, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2017 12:40 AM by rprosperi.)
(07-28-2017 10:23 PM)gjmcclure Wrote:  Okay, I am attaching a ZIP with three files:

1) OSX_BS4X7H_EVAL.MOD, for use in GO41CX slot #1 only, it contains LIB4, AMC OS/X, and EVAL (should be latest one just now being released by Ángel.

2) WARP_UNIT.MOD, which combines WARP CORE and UNIT CONVERSION modules (can be put in ANY slot)

3) HP-16C_GJM.MOD, which combines the HP16C and GJM modules (can be put in ANY slot). The GJM module was recreated to have ID 19 instead of 31, this allows it not to conflict with EVAL_1F which covers IDs 30 and 31.

WARP_UNIT and HP-16C_GJM are just my way of putting two 4K modules into a single 8K slot. They require LIB4.

Greg

Greg,

Are these modules unique to GO41CX ? Including 3 modules in the first MOD file is what I'm curious about. If not, can LIB4 be included in any MOD image, since it's hard-addressed for Page-4?

Small request for the future: When sharing MOD files like this (btw, thank you for doing that) can you include a small text file with the same notes as the post, so that weeks later when I actually get to try it, I don't have to search for the post where it was shared, I'd have it right in the .zip? Lately I've been copy/pasting the notes into the zip myself, but I assume others would benefit for the same reason.

Thanks for assembling and sharing these, currently the most interesting set of ROMs, and also thx for tweaking the ROM ID, allowing HP-16C_GJM to coexist with these others. ID 19 is a perfect choice as I don't believe I have ever loaded one of the 'X' (ID 19) ROMs and I thought I'd die before that ever happened. Wink

Update: Successfully loaded all 3 MOD files into GO41CX, all seems to work fine. So I outlived it after all...

Thanks again Greg!

--Bob Prosperi
07-29-2017, 01:00 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2017 01:04 AM by gjmcclure.)
(07-28-2017 11:36 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Are these modules unique to GO41CX ? Including 3 modules in the first MOD file is what I'm curious about. If not, can LIB4 be included in any MOD image, since it's hard-addressed for Page-4?

No, these are not unique to the GO41CX. For OSX_BS4X7H_EVAL.MOD, I just removed the MOD headers from the MOD files we all have access to, then combined them into one MOD with hardcoded addresses. LIBRARY4.MOD was already hardcoded to 4, OSX_BS4X7H.MOD (the AMC OS/X module) was already hardcoded to 7. I forced hardcoded addresses on the EVALs, but only to make it work in a single GO41CX slot. If I left the addresses as LOWERPORT and UPPERPORT, then if fails to load in any GO41CX slot.

I chose EVAL for the actual slot #1 module because I am using it so much. LIB4 and OSX_BS4X7H could be loaded into other combinations, as long as you hardcode the address of ALL modules.

These modules can be used anywhere MOD files are used (i.e. V41). It is just so much easier to use the individual files in most cases. GO41CX is the exception.

I will try to remember to include a text file next time. Good idea!

Greg
07-29-2017, 07:21 AM
(07-28-2017 10:23 PM)gjmcclure Wrote:  1) OSX_BS4X7H_EVAL.MOD, for use in GO41CX slot #1 only, it contains LIB4, AMC OS/X, and EVAL (should be latest one just now being released by Ángel.

Thanks for the work you add to this, but I have a problem with the OSX modul in slot #1
I do need Hepax file system. I will not load unless there are at least one Hepax RAM module in slot #1.
I have tried to swap the Hepax RAM around and see what result I do get.
Slot #1: I do see all files in the RAM
RAM is then moved to other slot after Hepax is enabled.
Slot #2: Just see two out of 5 files in the RAM
Slot #3: Same as slot #2
Slot #4: Same as slot #2

I can not get Hepax to load if I put OSX_BS4X7H_EVAL.MOD in slot #1, since Hepax only loads if there are a RAM file in slot #1
I can not get OSX_BS4X7H_EVAL.MOD to load in any slot as long as Hepax is anbled.

PS I also need the printer.
07-29-2017, 01:22 PM
(07-29-2017 07:21 AM)Jotne Wrote:  I can not get Hepax to load if I put OSX_BS4X7H_EVAL.MOD in slot #1, since Hepax only loads if there are a RAM file in slot #1
I can not get OSX_BS4X7H_EVAL.MOD to load in any slot as long as Hepax is anbled.

PS I also need the printer.

Okay, I have not played with HEPAX RAM on the GO41CX. If I can make the combo module load in GO41CX slot #4 instead (ROM slots 4, 7, 14 and 15), would that work? Problem is, I need to know how much RAM you are loading for HEPAX, and which GO41CX slots you are loading it into.

I think the printer module that comes with the GO41CX can be turned on via the settings (it will go into ROM slot 6). But where does HEPAX go? I thought HEPAX wanted ROM slot 7 if the printer was enabled. If it works in some other slot, then we are okay, if not then OSX_BS4X7H needs to be removed from this combo module, so only LIB4 and EVAL are in it and HEPAX has a place to load.

Let me experiment with GO41CX and see what I can find out. It is such a restrictive beast. Then again, HEPAX forcing RAM to the first slots is not helping either!

Greg
07-29-2017, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2017 02:41 PM by gjmcclure.)
... and the answers are:

HEPAX will load in the next available slot it finds. I loaded a revised LIB4/OSX/EVAL into GO41CX slot #4. I have attached it to this reply.

This configuration loaded:

I put H_1.hpx into GO41CX slot #1
I put OSX_BS4X7H_EVAL_S4.MOD into GO41CX slot #4
I turned on Printer and Hepax options

It gave me:

ROM slot 4 -- Lib4
ROM slot 6 -- Printer
ROM slot 7 -- OS/X
ROM slot 8 -- Hepax Ram Lower
ROM slot 9 -- Hepax Ram Upper
ROM slot A -- Hepax Module
ROM slot E -- Form Eval (EVAL Lower)
ROM slot F -- Eval Apps (EVAL Upper)

This configuration also loaded:

I put H_1.hpx into GO41CX slot #1
I put H_2.hpx into GO41CX slot #2
I put GJM.MOD into slot #3
I put OSX_BS4X7H_EVAL_S4.MOD into GO41CX slot #4
I turned on Printer and Hepax options

ROM slot 4 -- Lib4
ROM slot 6 -- Printer
ROM slot 7 -- OS/X
ROM slot 8 -- Hepax Ram #1 Lower
ROM slot 9 -- Hepax Ram #1 Upper
ROM slot A -- Hepax Ram #2 Lower
ROM slot B -- Hepax Ram #2 Upper
ROM slot C -- Hepax Module
ROM slot D -- GJM module
ROM slot E -- Form Eval (EVAL Lower)
ROM slot F -- Eval Apps (EVAL Upper)

If GJM module is not loaded ROM slot D is, of course, empty. I can only put a 4K module into GO41CX slot #3 with this configuration.

Hopefully, you don't need more than 16K of Hepax Ram. If you need 24K, then I need to retry with a Lib4/OSX only module. I tested with an older version of Lib4/OSX, it loaded everything as expected (Lib4 in 4, Printer in 6, OSX in 7, Hepax in D).

Greg

Attached File(s)
.zip  OSX_BS4X7H_EVAL_S4.zip (Size: 31.33 KB / Downloads: 11)
07-29-2017, 04:49 PM
You are my man Smile
This works perfectly.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)