Icon curiosity
07-01-2017, 01:27 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2017 01:36 AM by Matt Agajanian.)
Icon curiosity
Hi all. On Message, between the Quote and Report buttons there is an icon that has a plus sign on it. What does that button do?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2017, 01:42 AM
RE: Icon curiosity
(07-01-2017 01:27 AM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  Hi all. On Message, between the Quote and Report buttons there is an icon that has a plus sign on it. What does that button do?

It is similar to the Quote button, but intended to let you quote other posts prior to the last post you quote (with Quote), thus quoting several different posts in your own reply.

Try it, tagging (hitting the plus icon on) several different posts, ending by clicking quote and you will see the message you are now drafting contains quotes of all the message you tagged. Although I suggest trying it, that is only to see what happens, no need to send the message you create. It's easier to see and understand than explain.

--Bob Prosperi
07-01-2017, 01:51 AM
(07-01-2017 01:42 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 01:27 AM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  Hi all. On Message, between the Quote and Report buttons there is an icon that has a plus sign on it. What does that button do?

It is similar to the Quote button, but intended to let you quote other posts prior to the last post you quote (with Quote), thus quoting several different posts in your own reply.

Try it, tagging (hitting the plus icon on) several different posts, ending by clicking quote and you will see the message you are now drafting contains quotes of all the message you tagged. Although I suggest trying it, that is only to see what happens, no need to send the message you create. It's easier to see and understand than explain.

And another mystery solved (in addition to my original). Yes, I was thinking that posts containing multiple quotes was some kind of Harry Houdini trick.

Wow! Two mysteries solved in one reply. Nice work, Lt. Columbo!

Thanks!
07-01-2017, 01:57 AM
(07-01-2017 01:51 AM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  Two mysteries solved in one reply. Nice work, Lt. Columbo!

Oh... One more thing.... (sorry, probably only funny to fans of the show...)

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)