Native Numerical Integration and Root Finder on RPN-67/97
07-11-2017, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2017 01:47 PM by Willy R. Kunz.)
Native Numerical Integration and Root Finder on RPN-67/97
I've just released new versions of my simulators RPN-67 and RPN-97. The main feature is an architectural change allowing me to add new functions and operations easily. The current release comes with more than 50 new commands, among them solving the quartic equation, solving linear equations in 1 to 9 unknowns, a prime number test, matrix operations and more. All of them are programmable, of course.

Above all, I've finally implemented numerical integration and a root finder, loosely patterned after the HP-34. I'd love to hear from the community if these functions work for you. Did I miss anything? Examples of use may be found here.

I'd also like to hear if there are still functions or operations you're missing on RPN-67/97. Any suggestions or wishes?

Please respond here or by using the contact link on my website.

Thanks to all using my simulators.

Willy Kunz
CuVee Software
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2017, 02:01 PM
RE: Native Numerical Integration and Root Finder on RPN-67/97
(07-11-2017 01:43 PM)Willy R. Kunz Wrote:  I'd also like to hear if there are still functions or operations you're missing on RPN-67/97. Any suggestions or wishes?

Android support would be highly appreciated. While clearly a lot of work, it would add a lot of new customers, it seems there at least as many Android users here in MoHPC Forums as iOS users. I know I'd buy one of each.

--Bob Prosperi
07-11-2017, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2017 02:13 PM by Ángel Martin.)
(07-11-2017 01:43 PM)Willy R. Kunz Wrote:  I've just released new versions of my simulators RPN-67 and RPN-97. The main feature is an architectural change allowing me to add new functions and operations easily. The current release comes with more than 50 new commands, among them solving the quartic equation, solving linear equations in 1 to 9 unknowns, a prime number test, matrix operations and more. All of them are programmable, of course.

Above all, I've finally implemented numerical integration and a root finder, loosely patterned after the HP-34. I'd love to hear from the community if these functions work for you. Did I miss anything? Examples of use may be found here.

I'd also like to hear if there are still functions or operations you're missing on RPN-67/97. Any suggestions or wishes?
Please respond here or by using the contact link on my website.

Congratulations, what a beautiful and powerful simulator pair, you've raised the ante! It's worth buying an iPad just to have it ;-)

PS. Definitely an android version will be *great*.
07-11-2017, 04:41 PM
Great job Willy ! The iPhone version just updated overnight. Now we have the HP-67/97 of our dreams !

Regards,
Bob
07-16-2017, 05:53 PM
In case people haven't noticed, you can now do register arithmetic on other stack registers, like the HP-41 series, but (unlike the 41) can also do recall arithmetic. Example: STO+T, RCL/Y, etc. Also nice is the ability to save/recall the stack or even swap it with some of the secondary registers. Also Gamma and full complex number support. This is like a combined HP-67 with an HP-34C on steroids !

Very nice!

Regards,
Bob
07-17-2017, 05:07 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2017 05:09 AM by Ángel Martin.)
(07-16-2017 05:53 PM)bshoring Wrote:  In case people haven't noticed, you can now do register arithmetic on other stack registers, like the HP-41 series, but (unlike the 41) can also do recall arithmetic. Example: STO+T, RCL/Y, etc.

Now that you mention it, the 41 can also do register arithmetic (and many other things) with the "Total_Rekall" module - or its latest version dubbed 'WARP_CORE'.

Check out the manual, last entry on the list at:
http://systemyde.com/hp41/documents.html

Cheers,
ÁM
07-18-2017, 10:38 PM
The Kudos inbox got another letter!

Willy's RPN-67 and 97 have fulfilled my wish list 29C, 34C, and even 15C wishes.

Even though I have the real things, Willy's calcs let my mind get creative with mathematical and adventutres with the added thrill of vintage RPN programming.

Who needs Disneyland, Magic Mounain, or even Disney World?! Cuvee calculators are the real amusement parks!
07-19-2017, 12:37 AM
The beauty of simulators is that they can imitate the operations of the original calculator AND add many other features (including context-sensitive changing of the keyboard). I wrote an HP-67 emulator for Windows XP many many years ago. Like Willy, I added more memory, program steps, and a whole slew of functions--many of which would be an entire program on a regular HP-67/97. The approach that I share with Willy is that the emulator, which brings nostalgia with the past, should not be stuck in the past, but offer an emulator that can be used by today's more sophisticated PC users.

Namir
07-19-2017, 12:49 AM
Agreed!
07-20-2017, 07:01 PM
(07-11-2017 01:43 PM)Willy R. Kunz Wrote:  Above all, I've finally implemented numerical integration and a root finder, loosely patterned after the HP-34.

I hope I haven't overlooked something here, but it seems that nothing has been said about the implemented algorithms. So maybe you can say a few words about this, especially re. the integration method.

Dieter
07-22-2017, 09:24 PM
(07-18-2017 10:38 PM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  The Kudos inbox got another letter!

Willy's RPN-67 and 97 have fulfilled my wish list 29C, 34C, and even 15C wishes.

Even though I have the real things, Willy's calcs let my mind get creative with mathematical and adventutres with the added thrill of vintage RPN programming.

Who needs Disneyland, Magic Mounain, or even Disney World?! Cuvee calculators are the real amusement parks!

I think Matt got this exactly right. Like many users, I love using both the originals and the simulators. With the latter, we can have the HP-67 of our dreams, and if you can imagine a new enhancement, Willy has probably already added it. It is really worth having both iPad and iPhone so you can get the maximum benefits of these fine simulators. RPN-67/97 are really the flagships. Five years ago I was looking for RPN apps and stumbled on Willy's RPN-45 which was then his flagship, really a turbocharged HP-45. Now he's taken these possibilities to a whole new level.

Personally, I think it's worth it to buy all of his simulators, because it gives you the different feel of the originals.

Hopefully a new generation will be able to learn about the originals through these simulators.

Regards,
Bob
07-22-2017, 09:42 PM
(07-22-2017 09:24 PM)bshoring Wrote:  
(07-18-2017 10:38 PM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  The Kudos inbox got another letter!

I think Matt got this exactly right. Like many users, I love using both the originals and the simulators. With the latter, we can have the HP-67 of our dreams, and if you can imagine a new enhancement, Willy has probably already added it. It is really worth having both iPad and iPhone so you can get the maximum benefits of these fine simulators. RPN-67/97 are really the flagships. Five years ago I was looking for RPN apps and stumbled on Willy's RPN-45 which was then his flagship, really a turbocharged HP-45. Now he's taken these possibilities to a whole new level.

Personally, I think it's worth it to buy all of his simulators, because it gives you the different feel of the originals.

Hopefully a new generation will be able to learn about the originals through these simulators.

Thank you, Bob! Great minds think alike!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)