Stats 1 Var in Stats 2 Var
08-19-2017, 05:42 AM
Stats 1 Var in Stats 2 Var
I'm looking to plot using stats 2 var but also be able to get Q1, median, etc for x and y. Currently, you can only get Q1, median, from stats 1 var. Stats 2 var does give you some data like mean, deviation, etc, but it is not enough. Is there anyone who combined the two, or is there an easier way to get the stats besides copying and pasting between both apps?

I would be interested in coding it myself, but don't know much about hp programming and extending off already built in apps.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2017, 04:02 PM
RE: Stats 1 Var in Stats 2 Var
In the program menu (shift-1), copy this into the Statistics 1Var (App) program:

PHP Code:
EXPORT START()
BEGIN
 D0
:=Statistics_2Var.C0;

D1:=Statistics_2Var.C1;

D2:=Statistics_2Var.C2;

D3:=Statistics_2Var.C3;

D4:=Statistics_2Var.C4;

D5:=Statistics_2Var.C5;

D6:=Statistics_2Var.C6;

D7:=Statistics_2Var.C7;

D8:=Statistics_2Var.C8;

D9:=Statistics_2Var.C9;
END

Then open the Statistics 2Var app and copy this into the Statistics 2Var (App) program:

PHP Code:
EXPORT START()
BEGIN
 C0
:=Statistics_1Var.D0;

C1:=Statistics_1Var.D1;

C2:=Statistics_1Var.D2;

C3:=Statistics_1Var.D3;

C4:=Statistics_1Var.D4;

C5:=Statistics_1Var.D5;

C6:=Statistics_1Var.D6;

C7:=Statistics_1Var.D7;

C8:=Statistics_1Var.D8;

C9:=Statistics_1Var.D9;
END

Now any changes in one data set will automatically be copies over to the other data set. It will appear to a casual observer to always have the same data in both apps.

-road
08-19-2017, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2017 06:09 PM by Tim Wessman.)
RE: Stats 1 Var in Stats 2 Var
(08-19-2017 05:42 AM)CloudHP Wrote:  Stats 2 var does give you some data like mean, deviation, etc, but it is not enough

What do you mean "it is not enough"? How would one have a quartile on two variable data and what would you intend to be using that for?

You can also easily directy use your data in stat 2 var. The definitions in SYMB for your indep/depen data are NOT just a pick of a column. They are forumlas. Thus anything like C1*LOG(C1), or even D1 in the different application are perfectly valid entries. If you wanted to, all the data could stay in one app and be used directly in the other.

Also, there is an IMPORT button in your stat num view that allows you to pull in any data.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)