Am I missing something in my 65 reading
08-29-2017, 01:48 AM
Am I missing something in my 65 reading
Hi all.

Browsing through the HP-65 manual (colour rendering) from volume 7 of Dave Hicks' Museum DVD, I have looked, looked, looked at the programming chapter to see where the Do-If-True conditional is mentioned. It seems to me that the manual does not mention that program flow skips two steps (not one) if the result of a conditional is false.

Am I right or does the manual actually mention the Do If True behavior of HP-65 conditional, looping, and flag tests?

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2017, 02:39 AM
RE: Am I missing something in my 65 reading
(08-29-2017 01:48 AM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  Browsing through the HP-65 manual (colour rendering) from volume 7 of Dave Hicks' Museum DVD, I have looked, looked, looked at the programming chapter to see where the Do-If-True conditional is mentioned. It seems to me that the manual does not mention that program flow skips two steps (not one) if the result of a conditional is false.

Am I right or does the manual actually mention the Do If True behavior of HP-65 conditional, looping, and flag tests?

Matt, for the 65, the conditional test behavior is described on the top of p. 63.

I think the "Do if True" phrase was coined in the HP-67 manual (see p. 187 in '67 manual). The HP-25 actually introduced that style of branching a year earlier, but the phrase was not used in the HP-25 manual.

--Bob Prosperi
08-29-2017, 02:44 AM
RE: Am I missing something in my 65 reading
Hey Matt...

do you have a copy of the PPC Journals on DVD from Jake Schwartz ? If not, I think you would really enjoy having the ability to start from day 1 of the PPC Club as they discovered so much about the HP 65, HP 67 etc.

The DVDs are still available from Jake and are fairly cheap. I think you would love them **and** be able to find answers to a number of things not usually talked about here!

Give them a try!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)