diferences between emulated and real hp prime
08-31-2017, 07:11 PM
diferences between emulated and real hp prime
Hi guys
I'm having problems with hp programing.
I made a program in computer executing it in emulated hp prime but once i charge it into real hp prime i've got several sintax error. ( I upload the program to both HPs using conectivity kit).
I'm having problems like:

Can't define a matrix of zeros with:
MAKEMAT(0,n,m); where n, and m are local variables.

can't define in a FOR loop the elements of a matrix:

FOR i FROM 1 TO fila DO

l(i,1):=a(i,1); (SOME SINTAX ERROR HERE)
u(i,i):=1;
END;

any ideas why i'm having those problems?
Regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2017, 09:54 PM
RE: diferences between emulated and real hp prime
Do you have your "digit grouping" different on one unit compared to the other?

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
08-31-2017, 10:11 PM
(08-31-2017 09:54 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Do you have your "digit grouping" different on one unit compared to the other?

Oups you are right, i didn't' notice that but... how this could affect it?

if i'm ussing commas for separate decimals i should use dots for programming? that doesn't make sense for me. Programs wouldn't be very compatibles to share between people with diferent regional setups...

Anyway, one thousand thanks for you, i was blocked for this cr*p during more than one day...

Regards
09-01-2017, 12:26 AM
(08-31-2017 10:11 PM)kain_x_x Wrote:  
(08-31-2017 09:54 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Do you have your "digit grouping" different on one unit compared to the other?

Oups you are right, i didn't' notice that but... how this could affect it?

if i'm ussing commas for separate decimals i should use dots for programming? that doesn't make sense for me. Programs wouldn't be very compatibles to share between people with diferent regional setups...

Anyway, one thousand thanks for you, i was blocked for this cr*p during more than one day...

Regards

If you use the period for a separator and the comma for the decimal, maybe you need to separate your parameters this way?

MAKEMAT(0.n.m)

Tom L
Cui bono?
09-01-2017, 01:05 AM
(09-01-2017 12:26 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  
(08-31-2017 10:11 PM)kain_x_x Wrote:  Oups you are right, i didn't' notice that but... how this could affect it?

Regards

If you use the period for a separator and the comma for the decimal, maybe you need to separate your parameters this way?

MAKEMAT(0.n.m)

I don't know, IMHO that's a bug. The programming languaje should be absolute and it shouldn't depend of the regional settings... for a same alphabet I mean...
09-01-2017, 08:38 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2017 08:40 AM by primer.)
(09-01-2017 01:05 AM)kain_x_x Wrote:  The programming languaje should be absolute and it shouldn't depend of the regional settings...
indeed, programming language *is* absolute, but you have to add the #pragma in your program to tell other system how you wrote your program (with which settings)
this can be done.

open your program, at begining of your program,
use the menu key to add pragma.

this will add a new line in your program that will look like :
#pragma mode( separator(.,; ) integer(h32) )

now you can move your program to any device, it will works.

edit : I found a page that explain it : http://www.thecalculatorstore.com/Calcul...r-settings

primer
09-01-2017, 11:29 AM
(09-01-2017 08:38 AM)primer Wrote:  
(09-01-2017 01:05 AM)kain_x_x Wrote:  The programming languaje should be absolute and it shouldn't depend of the regional settings...
indeed, programming language *is* absolute, but you have to add the #pragma in your program to tell other system how you wrote your program (with which settings)
this can be done.

open your program, at begining of your program,
use the menu key to add pragma.

this will add a new line in your program that will look like :
#pragma mode( separator(.,; ) integer(h32) )

now you can move your program to any device, it will works.

edit : I found a page that explain it : http://www.thecalculatorstore.com/Calcul...r-settings
Thanks for share it, ill save the page, it's very interesting but i think that i will use the default agrupation digits
Anyway it's usefull in the case I download anyones program with another settings.

Regards

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)