HP Prime 7CD5180... DEAD
09-01-2017, 05:59 PM
HP Prime 7CD5180... DEAD
Hi Friends,

Last week I had one HP Prime (1st gen) that once connected to charger, it did not turn on, no flicker on screen, changed the battery with one from other good hp prime and no luck.. reset button, on+symb, reset C+F+O.. absolutly nothing.. the only thin that I perceved was the high heat on back of screen. Same problem I had saw about 5 Hp prime on last 2 years.

Now I have one with serial 7CD5180... that connected the charger only the led near of usb connector lights up on blue. Only one time the screen lights up on white.. Chanched battery, removed battery connect only charger, reset, no high heat back screen.. and no vital signs.. then it is clinical dead.

Someone knows a solution or any hit ?

Pd. Most people reporter that the problem occurred after last charge..

Best regards!!
josephec
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2017, 05:13 PM
ANOTHER PRIME DEAD 7CD5410...RE: HP Prime 7CD5180... DEAD
Hi Friends,

Today a very sad student that had bought your HP PRIME on february 2016 and now it is DEAD.. when connect only a rapid flicker and nothing more, black screen, no vital signs... and HE SAYS THAT MANY UNIVERSITY MATES.. HAVE SIMILAR PROBLEMS... I will try to collect more DEAD HP PRIME SERIALS.. if HP cares please try to advice a solution.

Best regards!!
jose
09-08-2017, 06:28 PM
RE: HP Prime 7CD5180... DEAD
(09-08-2017 05:13 PM)josephec Wrote:  Hi Friends,

Today a very sad student that had bought your HP PRIME on february 2016 and now it is DEAD.. when connect only a rapid flicker and nothing more, black screen, no vital signs... and HE SAYS THAT MANY UNIVERSITY MATES.. HAVE SIMILAR PROBLEMS... I will try to collect more DEAD HP PRIME SERIALS.. if HP cares please try to advice a solution.

Best regards!!
jose
From a personal viewpoint (I don't work for HP), it seems like a rather bizarre occurrence that there'd be a rash of HP PRIMEs that are failing. It could be batch related if they were all purchased from the same reseller (University bookstore?). Were they all charged with the same charger that was shipped with the PRIME? Or were some failed PRIMEs charged with a USB charger of unknown quality and design? Is the failure pointing to a failed boot loader and/or a failed firmware update? Hard to diagnose without more information under what conditions each HP PRIME failed. Certainly there must be some diagnostic capabilities of an errant PRIME. Perhaps a recovery mode if the firmware update wasn't fully installed or incorrectly installed. The person posting doesn't identify their geographic location or what University seems to be seeing this problem. Post more details or contact HP directly.
09-09-2017, 01:24 AM
Hi jjohnson873,

Thank You so much for your time...

(09-08-2017 06:28 PM)jjohnson873 Wrote:  From a personal viewpoint (I don't work for HP), it seems like a rather bizarre occurrence that there'd be a rash of HP PRIMEs that are failing.
Your viewpoint is fine, I... as a reseller of hp calculatos since 1996 I have my viewpoint that hp prime components quality control is poor (like the HP 49G with serial port hardware problem, huge lot of hp 49G condenser problem, the easy to broke HP 46G+ keyboard, some hp 50g also was seen with broken keys, hp primes that die).. even the new revision c (blue keyboard that comes sinse december 2016) some few HP Prime users reported that the calculator not charge, never charged, came with battery charging problems from factory, I tested with battery from other good HP Prime and not charge the good battery... the issue is in the calc.

(09-08-2017 06:28 PM)jjohnson873 Wrote:  It could be batch related if they were all purchased from the same reseller (University bookstore?).
Not at all, I purchase from HP autorized distributor in Miami - USA, some user had bought from amazon USA, and not is a serial group.. are different revision, very different serials.

(09-08-2017 06:28 PM)jjohnson873 Wrote:  Were they all charged with the same charger that was shipped with the PRIME? Or were some failed PRIMEs charged with a USB charger of unknown quality and design?
The users said the last charge was with HP Prime charger the issue here is if HP Prime has a protecction. I think user charge with HP Prime charger and computer USB when connected to it...

(09-08-2017 06:28 PM)jjohnson873 Wrote:  Is the failure pointing to a failed boot loader and/or a failed firmware update? Hard to diagnose without more information under what conditions each HP PRIME failed. Certainly there must be some diagnostic capabilities of an errant PRIME.
Most said that was fully charged and they used a moment then the calc turned off, and never turned on again.. no vital signs = DEAD.

(09-08-2017 06:28 PM)jjohnson873 Wrote:  Perhaps a recovery mode if the firmware update wasn't fully installed or incorrectly installed.
No update issue..

(09-08-2017 06:28 PM)jjohnson873 Wrote:  The person posting doesn't identify their geographic location or what University seems to be seeing this problem. Post more details or contact HP directly.
I am in Guayaquill - Ecuador and an DEAD HP Prime is same here or there...
Other not charging problems:
1.- I advice the warranty procedure to one client.. And " THE NEW ONE HAD THE SAME BATTERY PROBLEM THAT DID NOT CHARGE" then applied warranty for second time..
2.- Other user that bought from amazon USA has same battery not charging problem and he use your HP Prime connected to a power bank.. yes.. like charging a celular phone all time...

HP support phone is a lost of time.. You call, navigate the products menu.. arrive to calculatos and no one to answer. Because that I suggested to one client go to HP CAS as the calculator has local warranty.

Would You happy if your calculator dies with only one year plus months of use ?

Parts for repair are needed.

Best regards
josehpec
09-09-2017, 02:25 AM
That could be a power issue in your area. The power could be too high voltage or could have spurious noise on the line. I've not heard of these problems in the US.
I charge from whatever usb wire is available, sometimes the one that came with the prime and sometimes not....and it always works..
09-09-2017, 03:09 PM
Hi Webmasterpdx,

Thanks for your words and time...

(09-09-2017 02:25 AM)webmasterpdx Wrote:  That could be a power issue in your area. The power could be too high voltage or could have spurious noise on the line. I've not heard of these problems in the US.
I charge from whatever usb wire is available, sometimes the one that came with the prime and sometimes not....and it always works..

Power issue is the most easy excuse because most units are out of warranty and really is userĀ“s problem.. the fact is that HP is given bad experience then is less sales on future (2001 was the best hp calculators sale, last year we sell only 1/5 part of that). Even as You said.. charging with other generic chargers would and is not problem.

But the other problem is that some NEW HP Primes never charge, it works with the charger connected.. but battery does not charge. If HP detected the problem would be nice that let to know.. but as the HP 49G big lot condenser issue HP never will recognise the problem.

Best regards!!
josephec
09-11-2017, 03:10 PM
If you are truly purchasing and then reselling, you should contact your primary supplier. If you are simply buying a bunch of units as a private individual and then reselling, that is considered a grey market vendor by all companies (not just HP) which means the warranty wouldn't have ever passed to the 3rd parties that purchased the units and would have to be handled on a case by case basis with exceptions.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
09-12-2017, 05:04 PM
Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply...

(09-11-2017 03:10 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  If you are truly purchasing and then reselling, you should contact your primary supplier. If you are simply buying a bunch of units as a private individual and then reselling, that is considered a grey market vendor by all companies (not just HP) which means the warranty wouldn't have ever passed to the 3rd parties that purchased the units and would have to be handled on a case by case basis with exceptions.

Yes, I buy from HP Autorized Distributor, the calcs have HP Ecuador warranty... I guide to my clients the warranty process and all results OK for my clients that are covered by 1 year warranty.

If I found another dead HP prime I will include the serial here..

Have a great day
josephec
09-20-2017, 02:52 PM
Hi Friends,

Another HP PRIME dead with serial: 4CY43300151 does not turn on, this was bought 01 june 2015.

Best regards
josephec
09-20-2017, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2017 05:19 PM by Tim Wessman.)
Why are you continuing to post in a forum like this? No help can be given as this is not the correct process for warranty or concerns of this nature. You need to be contacting your supplier to work with HP directly if you feel there is an issue.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
09-20-2017, 07:16 PM
Hi Tim,

(09-20-2017 05:18 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Why are you continuing to post in a forum like this? No help can be given as this is not the correct process for warranty or concerns of this nature. You need to be contacting your supplier to work with HP directly if you feel there is an issue.

I tought that some HP Prime sofware people can contact to HP Prime Hardware people to test, improve and avoid hardware issue and so care the Dear Valued User.

I will follow your sugestion, Thanks

Best regards!!
josephec
06-14-2023, 12:12 AM
Hey there!

That's odd, my HP Prime G1 when connected to a computer via USB works perfectly. However as soon as I unplug, puff, gone. Well go back to my old 50g of buy the G2 but I don't trust HP anymore, the site is annoying and I am begging to consider TI.
06-14-2023, 08:18 PM
(06-14-2023 12:12 AM)mfleury75 Wrote:  Hey there!

That's odd, my HP Prime G1 when connected to a computer via USB works perfectly. However as soon as I unplug, puff, gone. Well go back to my old 50g of buy the G2 but I don't trust HP anymore, the site is annoying and I am begging to consider TI.

Sounds like your battery is not holding charge... have you tried replacing it?
06-15-2023, 10:25 AM
(06-14-2023 12:12 AM)mfleury75 Wrote:  Hey there!

Sorry,
but I never will understand, what is so great in re-opening an ancient thread from 2017?
Why not create a new one?
And reading the threads in this form should help in realizing, that HP handed over their business to Moravia et al.

Maybe you should simply replace the battery/accu of your prime, there had been enough hints to buy a cheap samsung smartphone accu. Please use the search functions in this forum.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)