Varible clarification please
09-04-2017, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2017 06:36 AM by Matt Agajanian.)
Varible clarification please
Hi all.

I found this variation of our famous Mach Formula in the . From what I gather, Vc is aircraft speed (350 from the HP manuals formula). But what is the name of the variable is the Delta variable in the 1/Delta portion of this picture?

Thanks

Mach formula
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2017, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2017 09:42 AM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
RE: Varible clarification please
Hello,

Rho is the density of the gas. All the fancy factors in this equation are valid for specific units of speed and density only. Without supplying these, the equation is not really useful I'm afraid.

Regards
Max
09-04-2017, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2017 11:12 AM by SlideRule.)
(09-04-2017 06:35 AM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  ... what is the name of the variable is the Delta variable in the 1/Delta portion of this picture?

Matt

A partial explanation is available at Flight Instruments under the heading The Math (about ¹⁄₄ page scroll down). This doesn't exactly answer your question but it's a start. Hope it helps.

BEST!
SlideRule

ps: keep scrolling, there is additional math(clarification/explanation) further down.
09-04-2017, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2017 07:00 PM by Matt Agajanian.)
That seems to help. See, the way I figure it, after spending so much time with the formula we know & love, although that formula is based on speed & altitude, this one is for a specific purpose as the one I found has a different purpose/application and bases its formula on different variables (even though most of that looks identical to the one in HP manuals). Right?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)