HHC 2017 Programming Contest - CHANGE and important notice !
09-09-2017, 12:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2017 05:50 PM by Gene.)
HHC 2017 Programming Contest - CHANGE and important notice !
We are going to try something different this year.

Usually the programming contest goes "live" around 8am on the Saturday of the conference. In-person attendees get the programming contest information as part of their registration packet and then the information is posted here to the museum forum.

We are going to publish this information EARLIER this year.

The RPN and RPL programming contest information will be emailed to the attendees and to the HHC email list at 6pm Nashville time, FRIDAY night, September 15. It will also be posted here to the museum at the same time.

Oops. yes.

The RPN contest will be for the plain, vanilla HP 41CX function set. That means a 41CX or 41C or CV with the TIME and/or Extended Functions modules is fine (if you think you need them). The program created should be keyable using built-in functions in the 41CX. You can try the contest on another machine / platform, but the 41CX function set is the only one eligible for the contest.

The RPL contest will be open to the 50g, 49g+, 49g, or 48GX / 48G series.

The hope is that this will allow everyone, especially the attendees, more time to work on the contest.

If this works, we will continue doing this in the future. If it is a total fiasco, we will go back to the earlier way.

I am hopeful that you will enjoy the programming contest problems. Watch for the contest information next Friday night!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2017, 01:46 PM
RE: HHC 2017 Programming Contest - CHANGE and important notice !
Some attendees will already be traveling by 6pm on Friday. Can we announce in advance which calculator models can be used for the contest, so that attendees know which calculator(s) to pack before leaving their homes? Thanks, Gene!

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2017, 05:49 PM
Oops. yes.

The RPN contest will be for the plain, vanilla HP 41CX function set. That means a 41C or CV with the TIME and/or Extended Functions modules is fine (if you think you need them). The program created should be keyable using built-in functions in the 41CX. You can try the contest on another machine / platform, but the 41CX function set is the only one eligible for the contest.

The RPL contest will be open to the 50g, 49g+, 49g, or 48GX / 48G series.

I will edit the first post to include this information.
09-18-2017, 09:13 PM
Gene,

I really liked this change. It allowed me to concentrate on the programming contest on Friday night, rather than deciding which talk to miss during Saturday's session. Previously I'd have to sit out a session or two to work on the contest since we go so late on Saturday (9:45 pm this year). This year, I could attend all of the talks, and still give the programming contest a decent shot.

I'd like to see it work like this again going forward.

Brad

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)