Inside a wait loop....need normal key functionality...
09-14-2017, 07:11 AM
Inside a wait loop....need normal key functionality...
I have a wait loop of this form...
WHILE(1) DO
e:=WAIT(-1);
if (TYPE(e)==6) THEN
// Handle mouse
ELSE
// Handle key events
IF (e==4) THEN RETURN; END; // K_Esc
END;

I want this to be a code editor, and I want to be able to use the tools menu during this loop. Either, I want to pass on the tool button press key event to the system or activate the tool's menu somehow from code.....how would I achieve that?
Thanks
-Donald
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2017, 06:16 PM
RE: Inside a wait loop....need normal key functionality...
The calculator has its own interfaces, there are also integrated commands like INPUT, this can not be accessed for editing, that means that you can not incorporate it partially, it will have to be a complete and closed implementation to make it possible (like INPUT, CHOOSE, etc).

STARTVIEW is a command that startes views, not a command that incorporates the view within your code (Programming a built-in interface is far beyond the limits of HP PPL and its paradigm).

Viga C | TD | FB
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-14-2017, 06:58 PM
Although it seems easy that HP PPL can display a command that shows the navigation of K_Math, it freeze everything and cancel if pressed outside the menus, and if something is chosen that returns it as a string.

Viga C | TD | FB
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-15-2017, 02:21 AM
I was afraid of that. It really limits the ability to write system functions like editors. I guess I can create a menu for commonly called functions....but no way can I recreate the catalog without using up way too much memory.
They really should run programs on a different thread to allow this functionality. I also still believe they should allow us to inject events into the normal event stream. Would be even better if they wrote a decent editor. :-)
-Donald
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)