Programming with Spreadsheet
03-18-2014, 11:06 AM
Programming with Spreadsheet
On the HP Prime there is no folder (a fortiori on SD cards) BUT we can make databases with the Spreadsheet App. Here you can find an example I try to make.
In a datafile we can store everything aside the algorithm. Thus the program contains only the algorithm.
Here a trilingual touch/keyboard table of Mendleleev with doc.

Attached File(s)
.zip  Prg_SprSh_1.zip (Size: 558.48 KB / Downloads: 200)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2014, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2014 04:55 PM by Jsather.)
RE: Programming with Spreadsheet
Your application looks impressive and instructive. Could you show some installation instructions. I'm not sure how to get spreadsheets, appnotes, and programs in your posted formats from your files into the calculator or virtual calculator.

Also, I would find it instructive to know how you get a spreadsheet from the calculator to a computer file such those you have posted. In other words how do I back an HP Prime spreadsheet to individual computer file?

Edited later: Found my own answers at http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-1115.html . I unzipped and placed all your files except the .pdf in C:\Users\my user name\AppData\Roaming\HP_Prime (Windows 7). Unfortunately, the spreadsheets come up empty.

I think this problem may be related to the 6030 firmware upgrade. Spreadsheets I created in 5447 came up empty after upgrading to 6030. I'm not sure but you may need to update your post to include spreadsheets created in rev 6030.

After losing the work of entering my data in spreadsheets, I will now only build data using a program instead of entering it directly. As long as I have my program saved somewhere, I can always run it to re-enter data into the spreadsheet.
06-13-2014, 08:04 AM
You can transfer data from HP Prime Spreadsheet to Excel without problem (just by Ctrl C/Ctrl V) BUT it is impossible to transfer data from Excel to HP Prime Spreadsheet (no answer from HP). It is a real difficulty with HP Prime spreadsheet.
When I update to 6030 release my Spreadsheet was cleared ..... Fortunately I have others laptops AND I did not update my real HP Prime.
I am developing lists to rebuild the spreadsheet Mndlv....
06-13-2014, 09:21 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2014 02:20 PM by Thomas_Sch.)
Hello,

at another forum, 'davetheguru' asked an similar question:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Calculators...-p/6494364
'cyrille' posted the differences in the file format between last (5447) and actual firmware (6030).
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Calculators...688#M14645

Maybe this could be a starting point for restoring the lost data.
I'm not a experienced programer to do this for myself (writing a program to change the hex file format),
but using a hex editor it could be down manualy...

Thomas
06-14-2014, 06:42 AM
Thanks a lot for the second link.
I am going to try the Cyrille' "list of lists" to recover some old Spreadsheet by a program
06-14-2014, 06:55 AM
If You like Spreadsheet Programs, you can try my "Pentaminoes" trilingual program with small Speadsheets

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)