[clear] key
10-25-2017, 08:59 PM
[clear] key
Hello, the operation of the [clear] key in the simulator of the recent NumWorks calculator
http://www.numworks.com/simulator performs the following operation.

Case # 1: If the cursor is in the last position, delete all characters
123456 | [clear] clears the entry line

case # 2: If the cursor is not in the last position, delete the characters from the cursor to the end
123 | 456 [clear] returns 123

Please clone this last feature, which is too useful to remove portions of algebraic expressions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2017, 06:33 AM
RE: [clear] key
One feature I'd love in the editor is to be able to just delete the word on which the cursor is currently placed. I'm really tired of having to move the cursor forward to the end of a keyword and hit delete a bunch of times to delete the keyword.
10-28-2017, 11:00 AM
(10-26-2017 06:33 AM)webmasterpdx Wrote:  I'm really tired of having to move the cursor forward to the end of a keyword and hit delete a bunch of times to delete the keyword.

I am also tired, I think that within the program editor the [clear] key should act the same as the one I propose at the beginning of this publication, how difficult is it to incorporate this feature into the hp-prime? How many hours of coding work will be required to modify the firmware? and how many hours would we save users
10-28-2017, 11:14 AM
(10-26-2017 06:33 AM)webmasterpdx Wrote:  I'm really tired of having to move the cursor forward to the end of a keyword and hit delete a bunch of times ...

Never press right-cursor a bunch of times followed by backspace a bunch of times. Save half those keystrokes by holding down Shift while pressing backspace. It's labeled "Del" on the keyboard and is very useful.

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)