New ACT HP25E GPS weired behaviour
11-02-2017, 09:58 PM
New ACT HP25E GPS weired behaviour
Today I got my 25E GPS out of the drawer and turned it on. Batteries wer flat, as I had left it there unused for a couple of month. Installed a battery pack with fresh batteries and switched it on again.
But what is this? Looks strange:

I can press a number key and the number gets displayed. I can't do any basic operations though and other keys do weired things. For example x<>y seems to divide by 100. R/S gets me to stopwatch mode, and that even works. None of the menue options work.

I haven't tried reflashing the firmware. I am sure the calculator worked fine last time I played with it.

Any thoughts on what might have happened here?

Cheers,
Harald

PS: Bernhard, I hope you don't mind me posting this here instead of emailing you. It is not meant as a complaint in any way. I just thought it might help others if they have a similar problem.
It might be me having made a mistake when installing it. Maybe an insulation has been pierced under pressure inside the calculator and now there is a short?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2017, 12:24 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2017 12:24 AM by PANAMATIK.)
RE: New ACT HP25E GPS weired behaviour
(11-02-2017 09:58 PM)Harald Wrote:  I can press a number key and the number gets displayed. I can't do any basic operations though and other keys do weired things. For example x<>y seems to divide by 100. R/S gets me to stopwatch mode, and that even works. None of the menue options work.

I haven't tried reflashing the firmware. I am sure the calculator worked fine last time I played with it.

Seems as if the g key is pressed always. g R/S is stopwatch g x<>y is % function. Something with the g keyboard line?

No problem, if you can't fix it, you could send in your calculator.

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
11-03-2017, 08:18 AM
RE: New ACT HP25E GPS weired behaviour
(11-03-2017 12:24 AM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  
(11-02-2017 09:58 PM)Harald Wrote:  I can press a number key and the number gets displayed. I can't do any basic operations though and other keys do weired things. For example x<>y seems to divide by 100. R/S gets me to stopwatch mode, and that even works. None of the menue options work.

Seems as if the g key is pressed always. g R/S is stopwatch g x<>y is % function. Something with the g keyboard line?

No problem, if you can't fix it, you could send in your calculator.

Bernhard

Thanks Bernhard! With that info I should be able to find the problem.

Cheers,
Harald

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)