PWRX SECURE function not working
11-18-2017, 01:23 AM
PWRX SECURE function not working
Hello I am trying to use the SECURE/ XPASS function on the powercl module PWRX and it does not work properlu, I can enter the first password using XPASS and change it to another password but it is not stored and SECURE turns off the calculator but it resumes after pressing the ON button not asking any password.
Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2017, 03:31 AM
RE: PWRX SECURE function not working
(11-18-2017 01:23 AM)suhast Wrote:  Hello I am trying to use the SECURE/ XPASS function on the powercl module PWRX and it does not work properlu, I can enter the first password using XPASS and change it to another password but it is not stored and SECURE turns off the calculator but it resumes after pressing the ON button not asking any password.
Any ideas?

From the manual, p. 41:

Quote:Here again it comes without saying that this will only work when the CL-UTILS module is mapped to a SRAM block in the MMU – or otherwise none of the ROM writing will work.

Do you have the image installed in a RAM block? If not I'd guess it doesn't work as it's trying to write into the FLASH block its running from, but that's just guessing.

--Bob Prosperi
11-18-2017, 03:48 AM
RE: PWRX SECURE function not working
Thanks I copied the 180>840 181>841 and so on and plugged plugp 840-16k and now it works as intended.
Many thanks.
(11-18-2017 03:31 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(11-18-2017 01:23 AM)suhast Wrote:  Hello I am trying to use the SECURE/ XPASS function on the powercl module PWRX and it does not work properlu, I can enter the first password using XPASS and change it to another password but it is not stored and SECURE turns off the calculator but it resumes after pressing the ON button not asking any password.
Any ideas?

From the manual, p. 41:

Quote:Here again it comes without saying that this will only work when the CL-UTILS module is mapped to a SRAM block in the MMU – or otherwise none of the ROM writing will work.

Do you have the image installed in a RAM block? If not I'd guess it doesn't work as it's trying to write into the FLASH block its running from, but that's just guessing.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)