Can any Micro-USB cable be used with Swiss Micro calcs?
11-28-2017, 08:11 AM
Can any Micro-USB cable be used with Swiss Micro calcs?
Can any Micro-USB cable be used with the DM15L or the DM42? Would the cable from my HP Prime work or do I have to get the cable available at the Swiss Micro web site...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2017, 08:41 AM
RE: Can any Micro-USB cable be used with Swiss Micro calcs?
I know that random micro USB cables work with my DM15C; I believe that these cables are standard.

Nigel (UK)
11-28-2017, 01:00 PM
(11-28-2017 08:11 AM)zeno333 Wrote:  Can any Micro-USB cable be used with the DM15L or the DM42? Would the cable from my HP Prime work or do I have to get the cable available at the Swiss Micro web site...

Please note that the DM15L requires a miniUSB cable and the DM42 a microUSB cable.

The microUSB cable that came with your HP Prime should work fine on the DM42.
11-28-2017, 02:58 PM
I've discovered (after MUCH frustration), that some micro USB cables do NOT have the data lines connected. I believe these cables came with one of the rechargable external batteries - the ones that are marketed for keeping your cell phone alive.. These cables, while physically appearing like a normal micro USB cable will NOT work to upgrade the DM42.

TomC
11-28-2017, 11:19 PM
(11-28-2017 02:58 PM)TomC Wrote:  I've discovered (after MUCH frustration), that some micro USB cables do NOT have the data lines connected. I believe these cables came with one of the rechargable external batteries - the ones that are marketed for keeping your cell phone alive.. These cables, while physically appearing like a normal micro USB cable will NOT work to upgrade the DM42.

TomC
That's my experience too: some cables are only suitable for charging...
11-29-2017, 12:19 AM
(11-28-2017 11:19 PM)AlexFekken Wrote:  
(11-28-2017 02:58 PM)TomC Wrote:  I've discovered (after MUCH frustration), that some micro USB cables do NOT have the data lines connected. I believe these cables came with one of the rechargable external batteries - the ones that are marketed for keeping your cell phone alive.. These cables, while physically appearing like a normal micro USB cable will NOT work to upgrade the DM42.

TomC
That's my experience too: some cables are only suitable for charging...

Dedicated USB wall chargers with higher charging current signal devices of their higher current capability by having the data lines in the cable shorted together. Consequently, these charge-only cables won't work for data.
11-30-2017, 04:21 AM
I use a Micro-USB cable for a HP Prime to update the firmware on my DM42 and have no issues doing so.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)