New "Empty" application
12-14-2017, 05:29 AM
New "Empty" application
Noticed something today, after using the new "empty" application introduced with the BETA. It appears the Symbolic Setup View, and some other views are not accessible, which makes sense.

I got into a bit of a situation when the AAngle and AFormat variables got set to something other than 0, you'll get the "See Symbolic Setup" message in Home Settings while the application is active, but it's not possible to access that view.

Not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but it wasn't intuitive right away how to go about changing the Angle Measure and Number Format settings while on the Home View.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2017, 06:31 AM
RE: New "Empty" application
Hello,

Are you not able to hit shift symb on the empty app?

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
Find all posts by this user
12-14-2017, 07:24 AM
(12-14-2017 06:31 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  Hello,

Are you not able to hit shift symb on the empty app?

Cyrille

In an app created from base app "None", Shift Symb shows only the alert icon. Same with STARTVIEW(3,1).

Jacob
12-14-2017, 09:32 AM
I also prefer that there is a way to access Setup Symb, or that that view is fixed since its use is a convention for the Apps.

Viga C | TD | FB
12-14-2017, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2017 06:35 AM by Dirk.nl.)
Jacob,
Maybe I am wrong, but if you create an app based on “None” you get an empty App.
Go to the program editor and open (first line) your “App Name (APP)” program. You will see an empty template. Fill in (program) what you want.
I hope you understand me, my English is not so good!

— Dirk Hartland
12-20-2017, 01:07 AM
I am now leaning this way as well. All the applications use the same symbolic view as it is a standard. I do have it completely turned off right now and I can't possibly see how the settings got changed for you Jacob. However, I do think now that even the empty app should at least have that view as it is really a global convention. Easy to disable it by code if desired on the user's part...

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
12-20-2017, 01:27 AM
(12-20-2017 01:07 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  I am now leaning this way as well. All the applications use the same symbolic view as it is a standard. I do have it completely turned off right now and I can't possibly see how the settings got changed for you Jacob. However, I do think now that even the empty app should at least have that view as it is really a global convention. Easy to disable it by code if desired on the user's part...

Smile

Viga C | TD | FB
12-20-2017, 03:27 AM
(12-20-2017 01:07 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  I am now leaning this way as well. All the applications use the same symbolic view as it is a standard. I do have it completely turned off right now and I can't possibly see how the settings got changed for you Jacob. However, I do think now that even the empty app should at least have that view as it is really a global convention. Easy to disable it by code if desired on the user's part...

Sounds good to me. The settings changed for me because I changed them on purpose, which led to the rest of the discoveries.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)