More then 12 digit...
03-15-2022, 05:26 PM
RE: More then 12 digit...
Hi, is there any reason why legally or technically the HP Prime software (Home or CAS) couldn't use the Intel Decimal Floating Point library 2.0U1 or U2, just like the SwissMicros DM42 does?
The increase in precision would be very interesting, without having to invent and develop a new library.
I really hope it can and will be done, plus an Undo-Redo functionality and the possibility to add all the constants in Codata 2018.
Fabrizio
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2022, 12:01 PM
FYI, I'm currently testing the biginteger/float library from Fabrice Bellard inside KhiCAS for the Casio FXCG50/Graph 90. It might be a good candidate for a bigfloat library for the HP Prime. It handles multi-precision floats, without limitation on the number of digits.
03-24-2022, 10:02 PM
(03-20-2022 12:01 PM)parisse Wrote:  FYI, I'm currently testing the biginteger/float library from Fabrice Bellard inside KhiCAS for the Casio FXCG50/Graph 90. It might be a good candidate for a bigfloat library for the HP Prime. It handles multi-precision floats, without limitation on the number of digits.

This is great news, when will we have this library implemented in the HP Prime?
03-30-2022, 11:40 AM
(03-24-2022 10:02 PM)FabVir Wrote:  
(03-20-2022 12:01 PM)parisse Wrote:  FYI, I'm currently testing the biginteger/float library from Fabrice Bellard inside KhiCAS for the Casio FXCG50/Graph 90. It might be a good candidate for a bigfloat library for the HP Prime. It handles multi-precision floats, without limitation on the number of digits.

This is great news, when will we have this library implemented in the HP Prime?
Maybe you should ask Mr. Klaas Kuperus from Moravia directly...
HP is not involved.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)