Mouse driver for Portable Plus
02-12-2024, 12:23 PM
Mouse driver for Portable Plus
I was looking everywhere but did not found a driver for my genius GM mouse. Has anyone an appropriate driver?
Ralf

/41/48/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2024, 01:25 PM
RE: Mouse driver for Portable Plus
AFAIK, DOS 2.1 never supported a mouse, did it, I thought that came with DOS 3.0, but could be wrong.

And even if so, so few people had them at the time, that it's unlikely much software would utilize a mouse, certainly PAM and 1-2-3 (Portable versions) didn't, they're very much cursor oriented.

From curiosity, which programs are you using on the PP that uses a mouse?

--Bob Prosperi
02-12-2024, 01:42 PM
Hi Bob,
i have sketch and wordperfect, it is only for nostalgic reasons.
It is not necessarily fun using these programs on the portable.
I saw in "The Portable Paper" an advertisement for a driver which supports the PAM. May be someone has it.
Ralf

/41/48/
02-12-2024, 01:55 PM
(02-12-2024 01:25 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  AFAIK, DOS 2.1 never supported a mouse, did it, I thought that came with DOS 3.0, but could be wrong.

And even if so, so few people had them at the time, that it's unlikely much software would utilize a mouse, certainly PAM and 1-2-3 (Portable versions) didn't, they're very much cursor oriented.

From curiosity, which programs are you using on the PP that uses a mouse?

I seem to remember that I used the MS bus mouse on my Olivetti M24 on MS-DOS 2.1 with GEM and Windows.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2024, 02:41 PM
Maybe the discussion and links here help?
https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?thread...3.1238407/

Andi
02-13-2024, 09:49 AM
Hi Andi,
i know these older dos drivers, but they do not work. They use INT33 calls, or direct hardware access. I assume, that the HP110 / Portable Plus do not support INT33 software calls. The driver I mentioned above was a special develepment from or for educalc, a combination of graphic calls for position on screen and keyboard buffer to click or "enter" buttons.

Ok a mouse driver is not an essential feature for the Portable Plus. I just had a vintage genius mouse laying around jobless :-)

Ralf

/41/48/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)