hpmuseum is very expensive !!
12-27-2017, 03:49 PM
hpmuseum is very expensive !!
I know sign-up is free, but every time I visit the forum, I end up buying more calculators Smile This time I found out about DM42 (awesome machine, totally worth it) and NumWorks (curious about Python and open source).

Happy new years to you all!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2017, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2017 04:13 PM by pier4r.)
RE: hpmuseum is very expensive !!
Happy new year!

Do you have the casio fx5800p? If yes, how is it ? If not, why not?

And the hp 35s?

Further info: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-9646.html

Also the 991ex looks nice: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-5047.html

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
12-27-2017, 06:11 PM
(12-27-2017 04:13 PM)pier4r Wrote:  Also the 991ex looks nice: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-5047.html

TAS is awash with listings for the 991EX (hint, hint)

I have an fx-3650P in the way. Should get it by Friday.
12-27-2017, 07:56 PM
(12-27-2017 06:11 PM)grsbanks Wrote:  I have an fx-3650P in the way. Should get it by Friday.

Gr8! I have one also! Pls share your programs here! Thx!

Csaba
12-27-2017, 08:35 PM
(12-27-2017 03:49 PM)atilla457 Wrote:  I know sign-up is free, but every time I visit the forum, I end up buying more calculators Smile This time I found out about DM42 (awesome machine, totally worth it) and NumWorks (curious about Python and open source).

I do agree !

[Image: IMG_0042.jpg]
12-27-2017, 08:52 PM
Dark side vs. Light side of the Force... Wink
12-29-2017, 11:34 AM
(12-27-2017 07:56 PM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  
(12-27-2017 06:11 PM)grsbanks Wrote:  I have an fx-3650P in the way. Should get it by Friday.
Gr8! I have one also! Pls share your programs here! Thx!

I actually meant an fx-3650PII. Handheld with twin power: solar and 1xLR44 cell. Given the power requirement I doubt it'll be a very fast device and with only 6 variables and a few hundred program steps I don't think I'll be doing any really advanced programming with this thing Smile

It should be delivered today so I don't yet have it but I have already downloaded and read through the (60-page) manual.
12-30-2017, 11:38 PM
(12-29-2017 11:34 AM)grsbanks Wrote:  
(12-27-2017 07:56 PM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  Gr8! I have one also! Pls share your programs here! Thx!

I actually meant an fx-3650PII. Handheld with twin power: solar and 1xLR44 cell. Given the power requirement I doubt it'll be a very fast device and with only 6 variables and a few hundred program steps I don't think I'll be doing any really advanced programming with this thing Smile

It should be delivered today so I don't yet have it but I have already downloaded and read through the (60-page) manual.

Advanced. What does it mean advanced? It depends only on the application. You can calculate the pressure drop of your sprinkler system with it and you can select a proper pump, but if you calculate with it a pneumatic conveying system from ESP to silo station that is more 'advanced'? The two program is same - but your sprinkler system approx. 1'000.- USD and the pneumatic conveying system approx. 5'000'000.- USD

It has more program steps than HP12C - which is more advanced? It has alphanumeric program editor, 6 regression models, base arithmetics, complex number support - is it more advanced?

Some people cannot solve simple engineering problems with Maple or Mathematica, some engineers builds power plants with a pocket calculator - which is 'advanced'?

Csaba
12-31-2017, 03:02 PM
I agree. HP Museum is partially responsible for my calculator collection growing to nearly 130 over two decades.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-31-2017, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2017 03:06 PM by salvomic.)
(12-31-2017 03:02 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  I agree. HP Museum is partially responsible for my calculator collection growing to nearly 130 over two decades.

wow Smile

yes, I'm selling a car of mine to buy ...HP (and other firm's) calculators too.

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-31-2017, 03:10 PM
The advantageis the fx-3650P(II) is solar powered. I don't know many solar powered programming calculators.
Eddie posted some programming examples on his blog together with this amazing website
http://webcal.freetzi.com/3650P/3650.htm
12-31-2017, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2017 03:19 PM by pier4r.)
(12-31-2017 03:02 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  I agree. HP Museum is partially responsible for my calculator collection growing to nearly 130 over two decades.

Let's be honest. It is not the museum community, it is us.

Would it be just a museum with static pages, with no discussion forum, it would be great but wouldn't be as great as it is now.
The point is that a place like this is the inverse of a group therapy.

Instead of bringing one away from his strong passion (to not call it addiction), the passion is fostered. How many people understand collectors or users that wish to use different products that delivers similar results? Not many I would say, especially on something that gets quickly obsolete.

A stamp collector may have unique stamps that do not get obsolete. Same with whom collects money notes. Those things are not easily superseded by new things.

A calculator collector may have unique calculators but he likely gets answers of the type "lol, my iphone is way faster that this piece of scrap".

Therefore a community like this (that I really like) is a safe heaven and, by the social support that it generates in our eyes, fosters the wish of having more.

What I really like from this community are those technical threads with a lot of interesting pointers and contents. The fact that there is a lot of math related content that nonetheless is not only symbolic (due to calculators) is really nice.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
12-31-2017, 03:36 PM
(12-31-2017 03:10 PM)klesl Wrote:  The advantageis the fx-3650P(II) is solar powered. I don't know many solar powered programming calculators.

True.

I ran some tests this morning and the solar panel supplies the calculator with enough juice to run programs. I was running a bit of a number crunching benchmark on the thing with no battery in it Smile
01-03-2018, 07:52 PM
(12-30-2017 11:38 PM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  
(12-29-2017 11:34 AM)grsbanks Wrote:  I actually meant an fx-3650PII. Handheld with twin power: solar and 1xLR44 cell. Given the power requirement I doubt it'll be a very fast device and with only 6 variables and a few hundred program steps I don't think I'll be doing any really advanced programming with this thing Smile

Advanced. What does it mean advanced? It depends only on the application. You can calculate the pressure drop of your sprinkler system with it and you can select a proper pump, but if you calculate with it a pneumatic conveying system from ESP to silo station that is more 'advanced'? The two program is same - but your sprinkler system approx. 1'000.- USD and the pneumatic conveying system approx. 5'000'000.- USD

It has more program steps than HP12C - which is more advanced? It has alphanumeric program editor, 6 regression models, base arithmetics, complex number support - is it more advanced?

Some people cannot solve simple engineering problems with Maple or Mathematica, some engineers builds power plants with a pocket calculator - which is 'advanced'?

Csaba

Interesting point, Csaba. I'm sure this topic has been covered before but if you have a link to it I'd be interested.

Kind of like the debate (which I think had been settled for several decades) regarding what is a calculator and what is a computer.

.....Art
01-04-2018, 03:39 PM

As my first post, a new thread, isn't visible til now - hello everybody!

It took this thread to convince me that I'm also an calculatic. The very last years I'm more and more addicted to the HPs - looking if and what new calculators from HP might come the next time Smile

I'm deeply concerned that staying here at the museum won't cure that addiction - to say it in a positive tone Wink - it even might worsen it ... :>

Greetings,
KiS

HP: 20S 25C 32S 33E 33s 35s 41CV 42S 39GS 48SX 71B
Casio: FX702P
Swissmicros: DM15L
Need Forth71B
01-05-2018, 06:44 AM
(01-03-2018 07:52 PM)larthurl Wrote:  
(12-30-2017 11:38 PM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  Advanced. What does it mean advanced? It depends only on the application. You can calculate the pressure drop of your sprinkler system with it and you can select a proper pump, but if you calculate with it a pneumatic conveying system from ESP to silo station that is more 'advanced'? The two program is same - but your sprinkler system approx. 1'000.- USD and the pneumatic conveying system approx. 5'000'000.- USD

Csaba

Interesting point, Csaba. I'm sure this topic has been covered before but if you have a link to it I'd be interested.

Kind of like the debate (which I think had been settled for several decades) regarding what is a calculator and what is a computer.

.....Art

Yes, this,, will never ended. Like Pepsi vs. Coca Cola, MacOS vs. Windows, Alien vs. Star Wars, Big Mac vs. Whopper, HP vs. TI or CASIO maybe SHARP, engineering knowledge with slide rule or pocket calculator vs. PC

Csaba
01-05-2018, 03:27 PM
(01-05-2018 06:44 AM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  
(01-03-2018 07:52 PM)larthurl Wrote:  Interesting point, Csaba. I'm sure this topic has been covered before but if you have a link to it I'd be interested.

.....Art

Yes, this,, will never ended. Like Pepsi vs. Coca Cola, MacOS vs. Windows, Alien vs. Star Wars, Big Mac vs. Whopper, HP vs. TI or CASIO maybe SHARP, engineering knowledge with slide rule or pocket calculator vs. PC

Csaba

or an example from one of my other passions - date or no date on a watch dial Wink

.....Art
01-05-2018, 03:29 PM
(12-31-2017 03:17 PM)pier4r Wrote:  

Let's be honest. It is not the museum community, it is us.

Would it be just a museum with static pages, with no discussion forum, it would be great but wouldn't be as great as it is now.
The point is that a place like this is the inverse of a group therapy.

Instead of bringing one away from his strong passion (to not call it addiction), the passion is fostered. How many people understand collectors or users that wish to use different products that delivers similar results? Not many I would say, especially on something that gets quickly obsolete.

A stamp collector may have unique stamps that do not get obsolete. Same with whom collects money notes. Those things are not easily superseded by new things.

A calculator collector may have unique calculators but he likely gets answers of the type "lol, my iphone is way faster that this piece of scrap".

Therefore a community like this (that I really like) is a safe heaven and, by the social support that it generates in our eyes, fosters the wish of having more.

What I really like from this community are those technical threads with a lot of interesting pointers and contents. The fact that there is a lot of math related content that nonetheless is not only symbolic (due to calculators) is really nice.

For what it's worth, my calculator "passion" has been dormant for many years.
Somehow, in the last month or so, it has been re-kindled - mainly due to this site and the forum.

Thank you all for the knowledge, collegiality and fun!

......Art

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)