A silly question perhaps
01-10-2018, 04:39 PM
A silly question perhaps
I've been struggling with possibly purchasing the "Guide to HP Handheld Calculators and Computers" here:

http://www.guyball.com/hp_guide.html

My struggle is with the possibility that this book may not really provide any additional information for me beyond the trove of information to be had here at the MoHPC.

I would appreciate any comments, thoughts, reviews, etc. that folks here can provide to assist me with whether or not I should proceed and purchase this book.

Thanks!

smp
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2018, 05:34 PM
RE: A silly question perhaps
(01-10-2018 04:39 PM)smp Wrote:  I would appreciate any comments, thoughts, reviews, etc. that folks here can provide to assist me with whether or not I should proceed and purchase this book.

Simple: Get it!

Wlodek's book contains more useful information to the collector, or even just interested fan, of HP Calculators than any other single source. And while the complete set of all the Forum postings here might come close, I beleive Wlodek's book would still win. In fact many of the facts in these pages are actually from this book; I have posted more than 1 answer here, using this book as a source.

In addition to simple facts about machines the book also includes lots of history (HP internal organization, PPC's contributions, HHC events, etc.) which is almost certainly likely to be of interest to you.

No serious fan should be without a copy.

--Bob Prosperi
01-10-2018, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2018 06:48 PM by Massimo Gnerucci.)
(01-10-2018 05:34 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Simple: Get it!
(...)
No serious fan should be without a copy.

Ditto!
Grab a copy, you won't regret it.
(I have two or three editions, don't remember exactly, myself)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-10-2018, 08:03 PM
Thanks very much for your advice, guys! I put in my order via PayPal this afternoon.

smp
01-10-2018, 08:59 PM
It's true, however, that shipping charges have increased considerably over the years...

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
01-10-2018, 09:20 PM
A "Get it" for me as well. I have more than one of these, unfortuantelly not the newest version, but signed Wink
01-17-2018, 11:21 PM
I received my copy of "A Guide to HP Handheld Calculators and Computers" today.

All I can say is WOW, what an excellent compendium of information! I cannot believe that I agonized and procrastinated over purchasing this wonderful book.

Thanks again to you guys who encouraged me.

smp
01-18-2018, 02:45 AM
(01-17-2018 11:21 PM)smp Wrote:  I received my copy of "A Guide to HP Handheld Calculators and Computers" today.

All I can say is WOW, what an excellent compendium of information! I cannot believe that I agonized and procrastinated over purchasing this wonderful book.

Thanks again to you guys who encouraged me.

smp

I get it. I thought I knew a lot about HPs... then I got this book; Ahem! So, I read it and I thought I really knew a lot about HPs. Then I met Wlodek.

So, while not as good as meeting Wlodek, it's the closest thing money can buy.

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)