HP 41CV key problem
01-11-2018, 05:32 AM
HP 41CV key problem
Hi folks! I briefly mentioned this before but here we go:

My HP 41CV is in excellent condition, except for one thing: the keys on the second to last row (x, 1, 2, 3) are a bit harder to press, does not make a "click" sound, and sometimes do not to register when I press a little too loose. All the other keys feel great, and I literally can't miss a stroke even when I try to press lightly. I have found that it annoys me, so I am using this calculator far less than I would like. Any suggestions here?

Thanks in advance for your time!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2018, 09:59 AM
RE: HP 41CV key problem
Hi Trond,
. Dunno if this will work for you or not, but, you might try making sure the screws residing under the bottom two rubber feet are nice and tight. If they aren't, that can sometimes cause issues.

. On mine, the power button acted a little flakey, not registering all the time. Turns out that while the screw under the foot nearest the power button seemed to be quite snug, it actually needed to be tightened down more. I popped the foot pad off and cranked down on the screw to make sure it was good and tight, ( but not overly so, you don't want to strip the head or crack the case ). Ever since then it's worked perfectly.

. That's what worked for my scenario, so you might give that a try. Hopefully some others will chime in with some other possible scenarios and fixes. Smile
01-22-2018, 06:00 AM
RE: HP 41CV key problem
See threads on using DeOxit. I had to open my 41CV for post repair etc., so I was already in the unit. Results were so good I repaired a 41C with some odd keys in part using deoxit. All keys (both calculators) now have perfect silky smooth key action.

Example:
http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/...ead=217869

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)