Statistics 2Var question - fit
01-15-2018, 07:22 PM
Statistics 2Var question - fit
Don't have a Prime, thinking of getting one. What is the simplest way to access the fit parameters in Home from a fit in the Statistics 2Var app? Something analogous to 'SLOPE' and 'YINT' on a HP42S...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2018, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2018 09:31 PM by Tim Wessman.)
RE: Statistics 2Var question - fit
You can't directly access the item split apart like that. Specifically, because it supports way more fit types and so just doesn't make sense.

You can directly access calculated values of: NbItem, Corr, CoefDet, sCov, σCov, ΣXY, MeanX, ΣX, ΣX2, sX, σX, serrX, ssX, MeanY, ΣY, ΣY2, sY, σY, serrY, ssY and also return the calcualted fit as an equation if desired. Those are the exact variables names you'd use.

And then have functions to do: PredX(), PredY() and Resid(). Those are the functions.

Have you installed the emulator on windows, or on a phone to play with? You'll find the variables in the Vars key, App menu->Stat2Var and similar in the toolbox for the pred functions.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
01-16-2018, 01:09 AM
RE: Statistics 2Var question - fit
Yes, I've installed the emulator in my iPhone and on my Mac. I saw that you could access most of the other quantities that you listed and was thinking I missed slope and intercept.

I also see you can get at a few of the parameters through CAS with linear_regression and friends.

Thanks!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)