Menu Keys
03-29-2014, 07:19 PM
Menu Keys
Is it possible to have variables / programs appear on the menu keys for easy access like on the 50g? Also, from the pictures I've seen it looks like HP has gone back to the 48 style keys. Is this correct?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2014, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2014 10:04 AM by Joe Horn.)
RE: Menu Keys
(03-29-2014 07:19 PM)Tim McQuade Wrote:  Is it possible to have variables / programs appear on the menu keys for easy access like on the 50g? Also, from the pictures I've seen it looks like HP has gone back to the 48 style keys. Is this correct?

(1) Not in the current firmware version. You can either spell them out, or select them from drop-down menus. (2) If by "48 style keys" you mean hard plastic, rocker-type, with top-quality metal-dome tactile-feedback contacts, then yes. If you mean single-faced, rounded-top, rounded-corner keys, then no; Prime's keys are rectangular with almost sharp corners, with a flat top and a flat bezel in front with shifted functions printed on the bezel, like the keyboard on the HP 35S and many other HP calculators. Also, 48 keys are silent; Prime keys make an audible click.

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2014, 10:58 PM
(03-30-2014 10:01 AM)Joe Horn Wrote:  Also, 48 keys are silent; Prime keys make an audible click.

The keys on my 48GX were never quite silent.
They don't go "click click", sure, but they do make quite an audible "dug dug" sound.
04-04-2014, 10:02 PM
(04-02-2014 10:58 PM)orcinus Wrote:  
(03-30-2014 10:01 AM)Joe Horn Wrote:  Also, 48 keys are silent; Prime keys make an audible click.
The keys on my 48GX were never quite silent.
They don't go "click click", sure, but they do make quite an audible "dug dug" sound.
Heh heh! Very true. In a quiet room you can hear a "thunk" when the key makes contact. The 50g is more audible than the 48 (even without the "Key Click" option turned on), and the Prime is even louder than that. Was the only truly silent HP keyboard the rubber keys on the 49G?

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2014, 02:36 PM
The 49G had its own little niche because of the silent rubber - university exams. Imagine what an auditorium full of students, an appreciable percentage of which are furiously typing on 48s sounds like Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)