HP Forums
Installing CAS on calculators that do not support CAS - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Not quite HP Calculators - but related (/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Installing CAS on calculators that do not support CAS (/thread-18950.html)

Installing CAS on calculators that do not support CAS - Blakeka - 10-11-2022 04:17 AM

Hello,
I premise that I am new to this world that I am trying my hand at and should be a part of in the next few years.
I have a Casio fx-CG50 graphing calculator on which I have xCas installed .
However, I was looking for a program that would show me all the steps of solving various math problems (e.g., equations), as I believe a real cas is.
Is there by any chance any way to display the solving steps with xCas, otherwise is there any other program that has this function?

RE: Installing CAS on calculators that do not support CAS - KeithB - 10-13-2022 01:17 PM

AFAIK, no cas shows the steps to solving a problem. They simply solve things symbolically as opposed to numerically.

RE: Installing CAS on calculators that do not support CAS - carey - 10-13-2022 05:14 PM

It is interesting that an early Casio CAS calculator, the Casio Algebra FX 2.0 Plus (the Plus indicated the CAS version), included an Algebra tutor menu option showing step-by-step solutions for some algebraic operations.

RE: Installing CAS on calculators that do not support CAS - ijabbott - 10-13-2022 08:02 PM

(10-13-2022 01:17 PM)KeithB Wrote:  AFAIK, no cas shows the steps to solving a problem. They simply solve things symbolically as opposed to numerically.

What about the step-by-step option in the HP 49/50 CAS? It shows the result a step at a time, although it doesn't explain what rule was used at each step like some of the online services do.

RE: Installing CAS on calculators that do not support CAS - klesl - 10-17-2022 07:08 PM

HP-40gs offers step by step solution also - chapter 16 in the UG.

RE: Installing CAS on calculators that do not support CAS - Leviset - 10-20-2022 12:45 AM

I use Wolfram Alpha Pro - it does step by step workings - obviously it’s only used to check step workings agree with what you’ve already done by hand!