HP Forums
Program fails with new firmware, no CAS function. - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Program fails with new firmware, no CAS function. (/thread-6113.html)

Program fails with new firmware, no CAS function. - Digitaldreams - 04-23-2016 02:18 PM

To aid learning the programming on this beast I have been playing with anothers program. All was fine before the update, now I instantly get "Bad argument type" and 'info' shows the following segment....

while int > 0 do
rem := irem(int,10);
string := IntToChar(rem) + string ;
int := (int - rem)/10;
end;

Any clues as to why this now fails ?. No sign of the CAS function (as mentioned by Tim) anywhere in the whole program.

Regards

RE: Program fails with new firmware, no CAS function. - DrD - 04-23-2016 02:50 PM

"int", "rem", and "string" are reserved words. Variable names are important.

RE: Program fails with new firmware, no CAS function. - Digitaldreams - 04-23-2016 09:04 PM

(04-23-2016 02:50 PM)DrD Wrote:  "int", "rem", and "string" are reserved words. Variable names are important.

I wondered that when I saw them yet it doesn't explain why it worked fine with the last firmware ?!

Regards

RE: Program fails with new firmware, no CAS function. - DrD - 04-23-2016 10:33 PM

More strict enforcement of the rules, in an attempt to prevent ambiguous results, I would guess. The evolution of this firmware version seems to have corrected a lot of things, not to mention new features. This is most likely one of the consequences.