HP Forums
Prime Emulator Android App Stuck in Exam Mode - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Prime Emulator Android App Stuck in Exam Mode (/thread-6668.html)

Prime Emulator Android App Stuck in Exam Mode - robrob - 08-07-2016 10:37 PM

I purchased the official HP Prime Android app but as I was following the Quick Start Guide I entered the exam mode (with center LED flashing) and I can't get out. Anyone know how to exit this mode in the app? I know you can get out of it in the real calculator by connecting to a computer by USB but that doesn't help with the app.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

RE: Prime Emulator Android App Stuck in Exam Mode - chromos - 08-08-2016 12:15 AM

According to this post by Tim Wessman:

"To get out of exam mode, you will have to slide the menu out from the left and do a reset."

It is pity that some important features are still missing on android emulator (user's accessible folder without phone rooting for example) whilst exam mode, which is totally unusable feature on a phone, is present.

RE: Prime Emulator Android App Stuck in Exam Mode - robrob - 08-08-2016 02:04 AM

Thanks chromos, that did it. For $6 the emulator is a great value and will probably lead to me buying the calculator.

RE: Prime Emulator Android App Stuck in Exam Mode - chromos - 08-08-2016 02:15 AM

You paid $6 for it? Congratulations! I paid 617 CZK (25 USD by today exchange rate). Maybe this is the reason why I'm more disappointed with android app than others. :-(

RE: Prime Emulator Android App Stuck in Exam Mode - robrob - 08-08-2016 02:26 AM

I purchased it today for $5.99 from the Google Play Store and it's labeled as THE HP Prime emulator.

RE: Prime Emulator Android App Stuck in Exam Mode - chromos - 08-08-2016 02:32 AM

I can see nothing like 'HP Prime emulator' on Google Play. What I can see is HP Prime Graphing Calculator, which I have.