HP41 with Pico RP2040 attached, update
06-17-2024, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2024 06:19 PM by MeindertKuipers.)
RE: HP41 with Pico RP2040 attached, update
(06-17-2024 02:16 PM)PeterP Wrote:  Meindert, this is so amazing, absolutely in awe!

Two questions: With regards to the module connector - do you need all lines or only a subset of lines? I presume you need all lines but wanted to check. I am still thinking about a modern module connector which we can easily manufacture without having to cannibalize old modules.

Second - will TULIP replace the PIL Box and connect the hp=41 directly to the PC via HP-IL for up and download of LIF files etc, and full simulation of the HP-IL chain on the PC with all virtual devices?

Again, amazing, and I look forward to a kit and play around with it!
Thanks Peter, for your encouraging words. And having a modern module connector would be the cherry on the cake of all custom module projects around.
Answer one: Only 10 lines are used. B3 and B4 are not used, all other lines on the module connector are used
Answer two: TULIP will indeed replace both the IL module AND the PILBox. In this setup it is not possible to connect 'real' HP-IL devices. But this is not completely ruled out by using another gizmo, something that uses a spare serial connection in TULIP and converts that to a real HP-IL interface.
[edit: typo correction]

Regards, Meindert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP41 with Pico RP2040 attached, update - MeindertKuipers - 06-17-2024 03:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)