HP 15c CE - New firmware update officially available!
07-29-2024, 10:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2024 11:41 PM by ijabbott.)
RE: HP 15c CE - New firmware update officially available!
(07-27-2024 11:04 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(07-26-2024 10:13 PM)ijabbott Wrote:  The SAM-BA 2.18 software is available for Linux. However, I haven't had any luck with it yet on my system, so I used Windows instead.

I've never tried any Linux version of SAM-BA, so this may not apply at all, however the older Windows version of SAM-BA was intended for use with Serial cables (as was used for HP-20/30/WP-34S) and is totally incompatible with the new USB cable. Possibly, the same is true with the version you're using, I just don't know, though I too would probably assume Windows 3.18 was functionally compatible with the Linux 3.18 version.

The 3.x versions won't work at all, I think, not even on Windows, because they don't support the SAM4L. But I was trying to get the Linux version of SAM-BA 2.18 to work. It's quite old, and I was trying to get it to work on an up-to-date Linux distro, so that probably has something to do with it. It might work better on a few years old distro.

Anyway, the problem I'm having is that I run ./sam-ba_64, select the USB CDC COM port, "/dev/ttyACM0" (which is the one created when the HP-15C CE was put into firmware update mode) in the dialog box, select the board type "sam4l-ek[not factory programmed]", and press the "Connect" button… and then it locks up.

The output on the terminal I run ./sam-ba_64 from is as follows:
Code:

-I- Waiting ...
-I- TCL platform : Linux
-I- SAM-BA CDC 2.18  on : linux
-I- Connection : /dev/ttyACM0 (target(comType) = 0)
-I- Board : sam4l-ek[not factory programmed]
-I- Traces Level : 4
-I- target(handle) : file5
-I- sourcing board description file /home/ian/sam-ba_cdc_linux/tcl_lib/at91sam4l-ek/at91sam4l-ek.tcl
Read device Chip ID at 0x400E0740 --- get 0xffffffffab0a07e1
-I- Found chip : at91sam4l_1 (Chip ID : 0xffffffffab0a07e1)
-I- Loading applet applet-flash-sam4l4.bin at address 0x20002000

EDIT:

I've only managed to trace the problem as far as running the chip's "init" applet command (0x00) in this part of the GENERIC::Run function in "tcl_lib/common/generic.tcl" (called from GENERIC::Init):

Code:

if {[regexp "linux" $samba_os]} {
         set result $cmd
        while {$result != [expr ~($cmd)]} {
            if {[catch {set result [TCL_Read_Int $target(handle) $appletCmdAddr]} dummy_err] } {
                error "Error polling the end of applet execution"
            }
        }

It doesn't seem to return from that "TCL_Read_Int" command.

— Ian Abbott
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 15c CE - New firmware update officially available! - ijabbott - 07-29-2024 10:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)